Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

What Can I Study With These Grades? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Study With These Grades? (635 Views)

How To Study And Make Good Grades – Tips For Average Students / Grades For Sex: Nekede Polytechnic Student Begs Lecturer For Help / What Course Can My Sister Study With This Waec Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Study With These Grades? by Richiebill(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, please I am confused concerning the course I can study perhaps in a Polytechnic with these grades.
WAEC NECO
Maths - B3 B3
English - C6 C4
Physics - E8 D7
Chemistry - E8 E8
Civic - C4 C6
Geography - C6 D7
Agricultural Science - C5 C6
Biology - C6 D7

The guy in question is my very good friend, very intelligent, in fact me sef dey bow for am It's his case that made me realise that exams at times aren't a matter of intelligence or brilliance. But as soon as he wrote his exams in 2014 and had this results he was dejected. He wanted to take exams later but his father won't yield him. His father would say he has other kids to cater for. He has 8 wives and 18 children. So he says since he couldn't pass at once, it;s either he goes for vocation or manage the results with him. Since there is no helper, his mother is even late so he decided to cooperate with his dad and would later write the exams. But to his disappointment, he scored 176 in JAMB. So, he's very confused and has been brooding. Even this JAMB new protocol or whatever did their best to worsen matters. Finally we have gotten someone to help with the JAMB issue, though we aren't totally relying on him. So' please kindly give your advices, what can he study with either of the results or the combination of both.
Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by okenwa(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Basically, he is not above average Science student, he would have been good for accounting had he taken commercial subjects in place of chemistry and physics. He is generally good is maths and English, and agricultural.
Hence, he is encouraged to study Agric Science in the university.
Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by Nne5: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tell him to retake waec or neco and jamb.
All those Nigerian exams sef! Besides why will a human being marry 8wives?

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
okenwa:
Basically, he is not above average Science student, he would have been good for accounting had he taken commercial subjects in place of chemistry and physics. He is generally good is maths and English, and agricultural.
Hence, he is encouraged to study Agric Science in the university.
agriculture without physics and chemistry?it may nt b possible o.though it could have been possible if atleast he has a D7 in one of them and credit the other.
Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
He should'nt wait for his parents.he should get a job and save up for waec registration.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by psucc(m): 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Agric related course
Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by sinaj(f): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan

I understand how painful it is for a smart person to have diz kinda result.

He should look for money nd retake waec xo he will study his dream course. In 5yrs time, he will be happy he did it.

Instead of studying a course he has no passion for.
He might just end up regretting for d rest of his life.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Study With These Grades? by agentofchange1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
sinaj:
Eleyi gidi gan

I understand how painful it is for a smart person to have diz kinda result.

He should look for money nd retake waec xo he will study his dream course. In 5yrs time, he will be happy he did it.

Instead of studying a course he has no passion for.
He might just end up regretting for d rest of his life.

thats it dear .

@op ... tell the person ( guess its you though ) to do what. this madam. says ..

# Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Waec 2016 Result / Get Prepared For Jamb 2017 With Jamb Cbt Software/app / 300L Student Withdraws From School Due To WAEC Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.