Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Adebayor Handed 3-match Ban - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Handed 3-match Ban (550 Views)

John Terry Found Guilty Of Racial Abuse & Given Four Match Ban / Balotteli Faces 4-match Ban For Stamp On Scott Parker / Adebayor Handed Three-match Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor Handed 3-match Ban by MT: 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2009
Hey, what's your take on this.

Though its wrong to celebrate someone's predicament, however, guess it's a sign of good thing to come on Sunday. Up Manchester United wink

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8258287.stm
Re: Adebayor Handed 3-match Ban by Kratos007(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
Good
Re: Adebayor Handed 3-match Ban by McKren(m): 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
Arsenal is turing into a factory for SPIN DOCTORS!!! and Robin Van Persie is very good at this.

It looks like RVP is better off spinning issues than scoring goals, I think he should quit the game and concentrate on what he seems to know how to do best.

Before the Match between Arsenal and Man City RVP used the Arsenal website to launch an attack on City's summer shopping saying that money can't buy love for city.

Then after the clash with Adebayor he claimed his malicous, mindless and potential-career-ending tackle on Adebayor was just an ill-timed tackle while Adebayor's was intentional. (unfortunately the media bought this brutal lie and today Adebayor has been purnished in retrospect and yet no purnishment for Van persie).

And then the most shameful of all . . ,  . . . . . . . . . ,  .

Arsene Wenger effective bullied Mark Hughes not to appeal Adebayor's charge.
In his words. . . . .

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, launched a furious attack on Emmanuel Adebayor, his former striker, yesterday as the bitter fallout from the North London club’s 4-2 defeat away to Manchester City on Saturday failed to subside.

No matter that, earlier in the day, the FA had charged Adebayor with violent conduct, for his alleged stamp on Robin van Persie during the game, and improper conduct, for the manner in which the Togo striker celebrated his goal in front of the Arsenal fans.

Wenger would not be placated by the FA’s fast-tracking of the charges. The Frenchman also lambasted Mark Hughes, the City manager, for backing Adebayor and supported the claims of Van Persie that Adebayor’s actions were “malicious”.

Wenger said: “Did you watch it? If you’ve watched football for 20 years, you know as well as me what a player can do. You can ease off or not ease off. The biggest thing is in a challenge.

“I played football and I know exactly, in a fraction of a second, where you leave in or move out. You know exactly at that fraction, I can injure somebody or I can not injure somebody, and you ease off or you leave in. I have seen some challenges where if you do that in the street, you go to jail. It [the challenge on Van Persie] looks very bad. You ask 100 people, 99 will say it’s very bad and the hundredth will be Mark Hughes.”

Well I have watched football in the last 20 years and Eduardo did not ease off on his dive and simulation in other to decieve the referee and get a penalty for his team. Eduardo did not just get the backing of his manager, his manager launched an official appeal in which ED has been curiously set free.

So I do not think Arsene has the moral grounds to lecture any manager on how honest they should be.
Arsene Wenger should be very ashamed of himself for this.

By the end of this season Arsenal will fail on every front, they will not win the league and will not even qualify for champions league.

Even though I am a Man Utd fan and a closet Arsenal Fan, from today onwards I shift my support. City gets my support this weekend.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Destroys Arsenal At The Emirates (3:0) / Enrollement For Football Career In Europe / Epl Ft Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.