Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How To Get A Clear Complexion - **PROFESSIONAL ADVICE** - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get A Clear Complexion - **PROFESSIONAL ADVICE** (517 Views)

Ivory Beauty Soap Nigeria's Complexion Care Soap / What Can I Use To Clear These Spots On My Face? / How To Clear Darkspots On Face From Pimples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Clear Complexion - **PROFESSIONAL ADVICE** by ngozika77(f): 12:18am On Jul 27, 2016
Everyone wants great skin, some people have it naturally, others have to work really hard to maintain a clear complexion. The following 8 tips will help you to achieve clearer skin.

1. Take care of your body. Exercise and eat right. Ensure you eat foods containing the following:

a) Vitamin A (Vitamin A plays an important role in skin cell formation)
b) Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent premature ageing and promotes smooth, supple skin. Vitamin E helps vitamin A to work on your skin, thereby helping acne.
c) Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids: These are obtained from oily fish and help the skin to be healthier and less inflamed.
d) Niacinamide or Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 helps acne by reducing skin inflammation and improving the skin’s ability to be a protective barrier.
e) Vitamin C: This vitamin is a natural antioxidant and is needed for healthy blood vessels, collagen and joint health, and for reducing inflamed acne. It may help reduce scar severity after acne by helping to make new collagen in your skin.

2. Determine what your skin type is.

Skin types generally fall into one of five categories: normal, oily, dry, combination, or sensitive.

3. Wash your face every morning and night.

Some people prefer to only cleanse their skin at night rather than in the morning because as far they are concerned all they have done was sleep! However cosmetic dermatologists generally recommend that skin is cleansed twice daily. This is because dead skin cells and allergans that may have collected in your pillow can be transferred to your face during the night. In addition, oil may have built up in the skin overnight.

4. Use an alcohol free toner right after you wash your face.

Although it may seem an unnecessary step to some, a toner balances the skin’s pH levels and removes any residual impurities and dead skin cells from the surface. After sweeping a cotton wool pad saturated with alcohol-free toner over your skin, dab away excess with some tissue. This is to prevent moisture being pulled away from the skins surface and beneath it thus leaving it dehydrated.

5. Moisturise according to your skin type.

a) Normal skin: General moisturisers are needed to maintain this skin type which tends to be even i.e. non-flaky and non-shiny
b) Oily Skin: Oil free moisturiser which provide some hydration are ideal for this skin type which has large pores and develops a sheen soon after washing.
c) Dry Skin: Moisturisers rich in oil are ideal for soothing dry, itchy, tight skin types
d) Combination Skin: A heavier cream is ideal for the cheeks which tend to be drier and a lighter cream for the oilier T zone (nose, forehead and cheeks)
e) Sensitive Skin: Oil free, paraben free, hypoallergenic products are best suited to this type of skin which is prone to acne or irritation.

6. Avoid using facial scrubs regularly.

These can dry your skin out if used too often. at most, use these no more than once or twice a week. Better still, use a chemical exfoliator i.e. one that has glycolic acid, lactic acid or salicylic acid or use an acid based toner straight after cleansing. Ensure that you avoid the eye area.

7. Minimise sun exposure

Avoid UV rays as much as possible. This is the basis for preventing premature aging and lowering your risk of developing skin cancer. When outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and choose clothing that covers as much of the skin as possible.

8. Keep your skin hydrated

Last but certainly not least, drinking water alone is not enough to maintain healthy hydrated skin. In addition, you will need to do the following:

a) Don’t use soap - use a gentle cleanser
b) Avoid using skin care products that contain alcohol.
c) Avoid over exposure to dry air
d) Moisturise immediately after bathing, showering or washing your hands
e) Wear a scarf and gloves when going out in cold weather

Do you have any great tips to share? (no spammers please!)[/i]

**For further information or advice- see my profile **[i]

(1) (Reply)

What Is Stroke? / Natural Remedies For Irregular Menstruation / Father Did Shopping & Told Wife He Loved Her Before Stepping In Front Of Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.