Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

All You Need To Know About The Blackberry DTEK50; The World's Most Secure Androi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All You Need To Know About The Blackberry DTEK50; The World's Most Secure Androi (711 Views)

Blackberry Dtek50: The First Complete Touchscreen Smartphone Secs And Price / My Hand-on Experience With Blackberry DTEK50 / Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Blackberry DTEK50; The World's Most Secure Androi by phveektor(m): 12:55am On Jul 27, 2016
BlackBerry today officially announced it's second Android smartphone which is the new DTEK50.

News
In the press release by the company, the phone is said to be the slimmest and the most secure smartphone presently available (being a proud owner of a BlackBerry smartphone, I wouldn't doubt the company's pride in security), but then I will like to explain the specs of the phone with my little knowledge in mobiles.

Case: DTEK50 is said to be a 7.4 mm thick device with a 5.2 inch scratch resistant display. Unlike the Priv, the DTEK50 is an all touchscreen device which means there is no physical keyboard present

Operating system: The phone ships with the already stable Android 6.0 Marshmallow--which already contains verify boot that monitors device OS state during boot up for security vulnerabilities.

Camera: The rear camera is a 13MP camera while the front camera is 8MP (this is definitely one of the reasons why the device is said to be cost-effective.

The 8MP front camera sports a fixed-focus lens with an 84-degree field of view, automatic image and video stabilization, a specialized selfie flash, and a wide-angle/panoramic selfie mode. Rated at f-2.2, this camera can capture images at a pixel size of 1.125 um. It’s also capable of recording HD video at a resolution of up to 1080p at 30 frames per second.

The 13MP rear camera, meanwhile, features a 6-element, auto-focus f2.0 lens with 4x digital zoom. It is BlackBerry’s fastest-performing camera to date. In addition to PDAF and its dual toned LED flash, it makes use of automatic face detection, can toggle between continuous focus and touch-to-focus, and offers a range of live filters that can be applied to your photos. Like the selfie cam, it can also record 30 frames-per-second HD video at up to 1080p.

Storage: The phone's internal storage is 16GB with can be expanded up to 2TB.
...Read the full review here>>>http://draynehub.com/all-you-need-to-…re-android-phone/

Re: All You Need To Know About The Blackberry DTEK50; The World's Most Secure Androi by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 27, 2016
@op some nairalanders can actually hack that phone.
Re: All You Need To Know About The Blackberry DTEK50; The World's Most Secure Androi by phveektor(m): 1:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Perfectdanny:
@op some nairalanders can actually hack that phone.
not sure it can be done for now as the security features in the phone are those of proposed Android nougat and it's not out yet. And also if you know BlackBerry security very well, you'll understand the company employs one of the best technique (next to Apple) and so i'll disagree with your point.

(1) (Reply)

Hot!!! Another New Way To Get Airtel N1200 Airtime With Just N10 / What Phone Can I Get For 30000 Naira / Blackberry Q10 For Sale - 30,000naira Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.