Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

On The Night Of Christmas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On The Night Of Christmas (1206 Views)

The Night Of Bliss / RENEGADE 1 (the Night He Was Supposed To Deflower His Girl; His Father Did!) / My Poetic View Of Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 4:19am On Jul 27, 2016
I'm awaken by the stench of saliva filling my nostrils. I rub my eyes before I finally open them and then stared at the puddle I had formed. Crap! When will I stop drooling in my sleep.

'Ann you are not a kid anymore', I say to myself as i smack my palm against my forehead twice. A slight feeling of pain lingered and I feared that I might get a headache.

Getting out of bed I run quickly to the shower before my mom comes up here and start ranting about how I usually wake up late. I had succeeded in taking off my clothes when I heard a loud thump on my door.

"Are you still sleeping?", she inquired.

"I'm in the bathroom mom ", I say, turning on the shower so she can believe me.

"If you like sleep there, I'll tell the school bus driver to leave you behind and I'm not giving you transport fare so you will trek. Do you hear me?", she threatened .

"Yes mom", I  replied, applying some shampoo on my hair before turning on the water again.

Trust my mom to always make a threat. I really like her but sometimes she gets feisty or maybe she does so only in the morning because later in the day she's the exact opposite.    

I finished my bath soon enough but not after I get another round of yelling from my mom.  Tying a towel round my slim figure I proceed to my walk-in closet. After much thoughts and deliberations, I finally decide to wear a pair of jeans trousers and a red top with black loafers to match. I didn't spend too much time packing my hair in a bun and putting on some light makeup. 

I hurry down stairs clutching my school bag, my feet making creaking noises against the floor board.

I hear a loud bang coming from the kitchen and I go there to find my mom making breakfast.

"Morning mom", I greet, dropping my bag on a stool and proceed to where she stood in front of the gas cooker frying eggs.

"Morning Ann", she replied, her gaze not leaving the pan . I start to make toast before she'll say something along the lines of 'oh should I now tell you what to do?'.

We remained silent for three minutes or thereabout. My mom wasn't too chatty and I was not in the mood today. Usually my sister was the one who did the talking but she's not here. She's living off the coasts with my granny so I'm the only one my mom has to worry about for now. 

Since I'm not feeling like talking, I occupy my thoughts with last year of high school expectations. 
I'm partly nervous and partly excited to start a new school year. I hear often from people around that this is the period when you feel more free. And that's what I'm basing my expectations on.

I serve the toast on the kitchen table while mom passed the eggs and our coffee. I'm about to dig in when my mom swiped my fingers.

"Have you forgotten what I told you about praying before eating?" She queried.

Oh yeah right. How could I forget tradition? Maybe its the food that's doing this to me.

We say a prayer after which I was free to feast on my breakfast. I eat as fast as I can so I'm not late to school. It was already 7:30 and I knew the driver would be here soon. 

I eat my last slice before I hear a honking sound coming from the front of my house. I put away my plates in the dish washer before picking up my bag and hanging it on my shoulders.

"Bye mom!"

"Oh bye Ann. Be a good girl and don't get into trouble ", she resounded.

"Okay mom".

All set I match up to the front door and proceed into the waiting bus. It usually sucks to be on the bus because all the seniors get a ride from their parents so I'm just stuck up with juniors cracking silly childish jokes. A friend offered to take me to school everyday but I declined because it would be too much stress for her because she lives far from mine and closer to school.

It wasnt long before the bus was parked and I got off. I walk into front entrance and I can't help but notice the many people around here. Some were knew of course, but the old faces just seemed to be everywhere. There was Jake, the popular jock and his circle of friends at one corner probably discussing about their very interesting vacations, although I'm not too sure I know what guys usually talk about. Then there was Mia and her own group, displaying new items. Everyone seemed to form cliques, even the nerds in my class have their own group. And where do I fit in? Or maybe who did I fit in with? With my very best friend, Alice wright.  

She wasn't the type of  girl who would lie to you just to make you feel better about yourself. She'll tell you the truth right to your face even if it hurts.  She was with me when I couldn't stop crying about the death of my father and even when I reached puberty. I guess I could also call her my sister from another mother.

I scan the hallway but I couldn't find her so I decide to go to my locker first. I unlocked it and the door and when I did I saw a paper note fly out and landed on the floor.

I picked up the paper from the floor and I already guessed what it was after reading the first line.

A cliffhanger? Let's see who can guess what it is. A suicide note....?

Please comment below and dont forget like. Updates soon.

Xoxo,
Jollyana

1 Share

Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jollyana:
I'm awaken by the stench of saliva filling my nostrils. I rub my eyes before I finally open them and then stared at the puddle I had formed. Crap! When will I stop drooling in my sleep.

Jollyana

Nice one...like...lolzzz...watching..using my 3D spec....you are good..you know...won't mind getting to knowing the more dou...
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thanks really.
israelboy1:

Nice one...like...lolzzz...watching..using my 3D spec....you are good..you know...won't mind getting to knowing the more dou...
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jollyana:
Thanks really.

so, when should i be expecting smiley smiley smiley
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
Can't tell. Until I feel like updating.
israelboy1:

so, when should i be expecting smiley smiley smiley
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
Jollyana:
Can't tell. Until I feel like updating.

smiles...that hurts ...you know.....you wanna cut my expectation short ?? ...i know ..you wouldn't do such any way...

and, hope i ain't stalking you already??
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2016
Lol. Its just that its been long since I put that up and I'm too lazy to write. But I will someday. And yes you are stalking.
israelboy1:

smiles...that hurts ...you know.....you wanna cut my expectation short ?? ...i know ..you wouldn't do such any way...

and, hope i ain't stalking you already??
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jollyana:
Lol. Its just that its been long since I put that up and I'm too lazy to write. But I will someday. And yes you are stalking.

smiles....should i apologize for stalking you...or, are you okay with it??

guess, my person is wanting to get beyond just your writing... I pray...you do not know what i am talking about wink wink wink

but seriously...go resurrect that your pen...and...get those stories and write-ups out.
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'm just going to pretend I know nothing of what you are talking about and go on with my life.
israelboy1:

smiles....should i apologize for stalking you...or, are you okay with it??

guess, my person is wanting to get beyond just your writing... I pray...you do not know what i am talking about wink wink wink

but seriously...go resurrect that your pen...and...get those stories and write-ups out.
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jollyana:
I'm just going to pretend I know nothing of what you are talking about and go on with my life.

smiles.....@bolded....i use those words too.....for real.....

well..before climbing the highest of mountain (in the deepest part of the forest)....won't mind reading more of your articles...or write--ups..... *I love them* and, will definitely appreciate been fed with knowledge by YOU

1 Like

Re: On The Night Of Christmas by Jollyana(f): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'll consider writing again.
israelboy1:

smiles.....@bolded....i use those words too.....for real.....

well..before climbing the highest of mountain (in the deepest part of the forest)....won't mind reading more of your articles...or write--ups..... *I love them* and, will definitely appreciate been fed with knowledge by YOU
Re: On The Night Of Christmas by israelboy1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
Jollyana:
I'll consider writing again.

smiles....i am in expectancy to reading all of it dou....

will really appreciate it....

i won't wanna keep stalking you...you know....that's if you do not like it thou

(1) (Reply)

Adult And Children Books For Wholesale And Retail In Asaba / DEATH AT SEA (the Untold Tale Of Nature's Killing Machines At Sea) / Easter Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.