Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,409 members, 7,812,211 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Abisola Shotade: The Woman With The Heart Of A Lion - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Abisola Shotade: The Woman With The Heart Of A Lion (441 Views)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Heart Of A Broken Girl / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abisola Shotade: The Woman With The Heart Of A Lion by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
I often talk about women being able to stand on their own, notwithstanding the situation they find themselves in, not letting the society define who they are or what they can become, whether they choose to have a career or not. Today, on Woman Talk, I’ll be sharing Abisola Shotade’s story on how she started and where she is today. She is a wonderful woman and I enjoyed talking to her, and hope you’ll enjoy it too and pick one or two things from her success story.

Abisola Shotade is from Kwara State Nigeria, she is married with two lovely daughters and works as an administrator in an Association of International Schools. But, things were not always rosy for Abisola, to send herself to school; she worked at the Abattoir at Marine Beach Ajegunle, Lagos State Nigeria.

“I used to wash the muddy legs of those who came to the slaughterhouse to buy meat; it was 50Kobo per person then. My friends and I would get some detergent and fetch water from home for this job. I used the money I earned from this, to support my education.” Abisola said.

When I asked her if she was proud of her humble beginnings or would she rather hide it from people, she said:

Please continue reading here http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/07/27/abisola-shotade-the-woman-with-the-heart-of-a-lion/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abisola Shotade: The Woman With The Heart Of A Lion by bibijay123(f): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Very interesting and touching BT why not post the whole story here? "

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed:please Nairalanders Where Can I Sell Out My Scripts / Wordpress / Carry My Message To Garcia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.