Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! (6021 Views)

Jabdulhamid Romantic Story Writing Competetion / Call For Submissions: The New Man Writing Contest 2018 / Etisalat Flash Writing Contest 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Talius(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
Repogirl, people are complaining about the difficulty in posting their ratings and review, someone was kind enough to share me screen shots of the errors experienced. Please do something urgently.

Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by repogirl(f): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
Talius:
Repogirl, people are complaining about the difficulty in posting their ratings and review, someone was kind enough to share me screen shots of the errors experienced. Please do something urgently.
okay, will look into it. This happened when someone tried to access your thread?
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Talius(m): 3:20am On Aug 11, 2016
repogirl:
okay, will look into it. This happened when someone tried to access your thread?

Yes, he tried to review and it went ...
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Mistyice(f): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
repogirl:

sister, I can't access my account properly o. Can't post or reply any post. A re-confirmation link was sent to me and i have opened the link,but each time i enter the site i still see the request for confirmation. Username :prettymist. Please help me look into it. Thanks
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by repogirl(f): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Mistyice:

sister, I can't access my account properly o. Can't post or reply any post. A re-confirmation link was sent to me and i have opened the link,but each time i enter the site i still see the request for confirmation. Username :prettymist. Please help me look into it. Thanks
sorry about that, I will get back to you on it soon.
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Talius(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Aunty Repo, help!!!

I don't know why some people's review go through, while some end up only adding up the value of votes.

A friend of mine tried to rate this afternoon, and spent a long while endlessly searching for the five stars to rate (which were missing from his own account, for reasons best known to oga at the top.

Or is it my friend who rated a four but got a one at the other side of the loading page.

I don't know if I'm missing some more points, but I plead that you and those involved to look into the effective running of the site, so that even after this competition we can still use it perfectly and be happy as its alumni.
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by repogirl(f): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2016
Talius:
Aunty Repo, help!!!

I don't know why some people's review go through, while some end up only adding up the value of votes.

A friend of mine tried to rate this afternoon, and spent a long while endlessly searching for the five stars to rate (which were missing from his own account, for reasons best known to oga at the top.

Or is it my friend who rated a four but got a one at the other side of the loading page.

I don't know if I'm missing some more points, but I plead that you and those involved to look into the effective running of the site, so that even after this competition we can still use it perfectly and be happy as its alumni.
okay I have forwarded this to the admin.

1 Like

Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by ashewoboy(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2016
repogirl, who was the winner of this contest?
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
awesome
Re: N20,000 UP FOR GRABS!!! The Afritalks Short Story Writing Contest 2016!!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2018
repogirl:
http://afritalks.com/ams/the-afritalks-short-story-contest-2016.6/

THE AFRITALKS SHORT STORY CONTEST.

Are you a writer? Then this is for you.

Afritalks.com is hosting a short story competition open to all writers and aspiring writers based anywhere in the world. This competition is aimed at supporting and encouraging writers as well as helping to build our reading culture.

[B]How to Participate[/B]

1. Write a short story under any genre of your choice of not more than 2000 words.

2. Log on to Afritalks.com and sign up for an account if you haven't already done so before. Go to the literature section under entertain or simply folow this link, [URL='http://www.afritalks.com/forums/literature.41/']Literature[/URL]

3. Click on 'Create Showcase' button on the top right corner of the page, click continue on the prompt that pops up.

4. On the new page, click on the item name text box and choose 'Writing Contest’ accompanied by the title of your story along with #Africontest.

E.g

Item name : Writing contest The Beautiful Peacock #Africontest

If your title is NOT written like this, it won't be recognised as an entry for the competition. You are not allowed to publish more than one story for this competition.

5. Item description is optional but it would be great if you could write a short synopsis and add cover art images related to your story to spice things up and pique the reader's interest.

6. Share the link to your story showcase with your friends, fans and followers on facebook, google plus, twitter and other social media platforms and have them sign up on Afritalks.com, read, RATE and drop REVIEWS on your story.

Note: It is important for them to [B]REVIEW[/B] and [B]RATE[/B] your story because the number of [B]REVIEWS[/B] for a story is equal to the number of votes.

Also, Plagiarism or copying someone else's work and passing it off as yours is grossly forbidden. All stories will be cross checked for plagiarism and any writer found guilty will be disqualified.

How Winners will be determined

We have two stages. First stage and final stage.

For the first stage, winners will be picked based on number of reviews and ratings they get on their story . The five stories with the highest number of reviews will make it on to the second stage.

Warning: Anyone caught cheating by voting with multiple accounts will be banned and their reviews deleted.

After the finalists are selected, the judges will now read the works of the finalists as well as REVIEWS s left by readers. Your works will be judged based on "Writing style, grammatical errors, spelling errors and most importantly, structure. When the judges are through, three winners will emerge.

The prizes are as follows

* First position- N20,000

* Second position- N10,000

* Third position- N5,000

Note: All winners must have a minimum of 30 reasonable post counts before retrieveing their prizes.

Date:

August 1st - 24th (12:00 PM)---Write your story, publish it on Afritalks.com and start inviting your friends and social media acquaintances to like and comment on it. Please note that you are allowed to publish only one story.

August 24th- 25th: voting ends and screening for stage one commences.

August 25th-30th: Finalists would be announced and screening of finalists commences.

August 31st:Winners will be announced.

So what are you waiting for? Get writing and get your friends involved and you could win this!

All the best!

Cc: Donkross1 and other writers in the house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel / Translate I Miss You To Igbo Language / Evil Seduction: A Short Picture Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.