Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? (605 Views)

The Best 16 Useful Wordpress Plugin For Bloggers Ever / How To Create And Run A Blog For Revenue Generation - Step By Step Tips / Forum Moderator/poster Wanted For Revenue Sharing Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? by joey150(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
In truth, i am a new blogger.. i decidied to start blogging mainly as a hobby.. Because i am kind of "less busy" now.

I started blogging sometime in late june..Cant tell the date for sure.. And as every other normal blogger, after a while i felt i should start making small income from my blog, Because i was putting in a whole lot of effort and i wondered how long I could continue doing "charity or passion work" .

I have this strong aversion for google adsense. Reasons are you need a wide audience to make anything meaningful from adsense. Google dictates the rules for you, and adsense ruins the whole feel of a site in my opinion.

If you can attract a wide audience then why rely on google adsense when you could source for genuine adverts from credibe brands. That may even pay more.

Well to all the blogers with a whole load of experience blogging, I'll like to infer from you all if there are other ways/means to generate income from your blog without using adsense.

And may i add...i applied for adsense and google sent me a long email about why my blog cannot be accepted undecided
And now i am like why even bother..maybe i should try other ways cheesy

Ok now am done.. Over and out!

Before i forget Check out ma blog @
http://pronetotype.com
Re: Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? by bedfordng(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
joey150:
In truth, i am a new blogger.. i decidied to start blogging mainly as a hobby.. Because i am kind of "less busy" now.

I started blogging sometime in late june..Cant tell the date for sure.. And as every other normal blogger, after a while i felt i should start making small income from my blog, Because i was putting in a whole lot of effort and i wondered how long I could continue doing "charity or passion work" .

I have this strong aversion for google adsense. Reasons are you need a wide audience to make anything meaningful from adsense. Google dictates the rules for you, and adsense ruins the whole feel of a site in my opinion.

If you can attract a wide audience then why rely on google adsense when you could source for genuine adverts from credibe brands. That may even pay more.

Well to all the blogers with a whole load of experience blogging, I'll like to infer from you all if there are other ways/means to generate income from your blog without using adsense.

And may i add...i applied for adsense and google sent me a long email about why my blog cannot be accepted undecided
And now i am like why even bother..maybe i should try other ways cheesy

Ok now am done.. Over and out!

Before i forget Check out ma blog @
http://pronetotype.com
that is the mentality of most blogger.so instead of joining the bandwagons, you can explore other means like affiliate, info marketing, direct ads, fiverr, upwork etc. Its up to you to decide and do more research

1 Like

Re: Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? by joey150(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
bedfordng:
that is the mentality of most blogger.so instead of joining the bandwagons, you can explore other means like affiliate, info marketing, direct ads, fiverr, upwork etc. Its up to you to decide and do more research
thanks for your input. I'll find out more about them
Re: Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2016
If you apply for google ad and luckily got approved, praise be to God. But if they frown at your blog, which advertiser will do the reverse case? I think uniqueness, beautiful layout/simple design with a good navigation that have readers in mind will halt this insult from google ad.
Re: Will Bloggers Ever Look Past Adsense For Revenue? by joey150(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
HenryDion:
If you apply for google ad and luckily got approved, praise be to God. But if they frown at your blog, which advertiser will do the reverse case? I think uniqueness, beautiful layout/simple design with a good navigation that have readers in mind will halt this insult from google ad.
google didnt even give me a direct reason for not accepting me for the adsense stuff.

Google wants what is good for them..advertisers only want you to gurantee them that your site remains active with many visitors.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Experience This On Nairaland? / Please I Need Help With My Mobofree Payment 15th Of The Month / Why Mark Zuckerberg Change T-shirts For Suit To Meet With President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.