Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? (617 Views)

Pastor Sends Assassins To Kill Pastor In Bayelsa State / Lady Hires Assassins To Kill Ex-Boyfriend In Edo (Photo) / ‘banker Hires Assassins To Kill Her Ex-husband In Lagos’ (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by ItuExchange(m): 1:33am On Jul 28, 2016
The question is:

“If you received a "They are coming for you in 10 minutes" text message from a random number in the middle of the night, what would you do?”

I’d text back: “Confirm Password”

Just in case, I’d wake my eldest daughter (just mustered out from the USMC) and show it to her. We’d arm ourselves (yes, with firearms; what were you expecting? baseball bats and pepper spray?) and watch the front and back of the house for about an hour. I’d call the front desk of the local police station, ID myself with the turn sergeant, and ask if there is a current or imminent operation in my area, if not, I’ll thank him or her, mention the text, ask if they can send a car for a well-being check within the hour, then thank them, say I’ll be calling later with to update with confirmation that it was a prank, then hang up.

My daughter standing by with 911 ready on her speed-dial

If nothing happens within an hour, I’ll call back with an update, thank them for their time, then we’ll go back to sleep.

Paranoid?

Yes. I’m a retired prosecutor; there are a couple of people who would like to see me dead and have no objection to making it happen.

I know for a fact that there is no need for a police operation against me, particularly in the middle of the night.

And the password? Just to mess with the mind of the potential prankster… and if it is “for real”, they will certainly say something I recognize; if it is a hoax, they are unlikely to reply.

I doubt that I’d ever get as ambiguous a text as this; if anyone were to give me a real message, they’d use some sort of confirmation in the message itself.

I’m still not taking chances though, so that’s why I’d get ready and make the call (I’m on a first-name basis with more than one cop on that station). I’m also going to sleep in ‘caution mode’ after setting noisemakers behind the doors…

Source: https://www.quora.com/If-you-received-a-They-are-coming-for-you-in-10-minutes-text-message-from-a-random-number-in-the-middle-of-the-night-what-would-you-do

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 28, 2016
All this one na long story.
My very short answer: Wake everyone up, call up a relative and we'd crash over at theirs' for the night.
Re: If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by Florblu(f): 2:16am On Jul 28, 2016
Gonna wake all them folks up,giving thunderous slaps to the one who can sleep on water bed and desert the house
Re: If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by Luckymay(f): 3:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Which 911 and which cops? For this country? I go turn Usain bolt abeg.
Re: If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by Nina4u(f): 7:14am On Jul 28, 2016
If I had money ..obviously I would if I had 50 killers coming for me ..I already had built a bunker with steel doors..a safe room ..or bomb shelter in my basement ..I also have booby traps in my house lol ..I'd take my loved one down to the safe room which would b fully stucked up on water and can food ..for at least 2 weeks ..I also bring a Morse code mashin ..cell phone ..lappy ..and plenty lamps that use battery ..I'd have plenty fully charged power banks for my lappy and cell ....I would message the world ..the military the police some shit is going down ... I would also have plenty fully automatic weapons in the safe room ..lol yep grin there would be a secret tunnel built from under ground ...that would take u out about a mile from your house if u needed to
Re: If You Were Alerted That 55 Assassins Would Reach Your House In 10 Minutes? by njiasi30(f): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
I don't even want to think about it undecided i don't pray 4 such. tongue cheesy

(1) (Reply)

22-year-old Fashion Designer Slumps, Dies, After Being Threatened / Kenyan Girl Who Stabbed Her Boyfriend To Death Wins Beauty Pageant In Prison / We Robbed Onazi’s Father Because He Does Not Help People- Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.