Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Burna Boy: I Would Love To Join Skepta’s BBK Movement - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: I Would Love To Join Skepta’s BBK Movement (392 Views)

Kiss Daniel Unveils His "FLY BOY I.N.C” Logo / Kiss Daniel Leaves G-worldwide, Launches “FLY BOY I.N.C” His Own Record Label / Burna Boy: "I Dislike Pastors And Preachers, I Might Beat One Of Them Up" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy: I Would Love To Join Skepta’s BBK Movement by Grammywinner: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2016
The Run my race crooner Burna Boy premiered his single “Pree me” produced by Leriq on her Beats 1 radio show.

Burna Boy recently revealed to British radio presenter Julie he would love to join Skepta’s BBK movement.Below are excerpts from his interview on the Beats 1 show:

On the first time coming to London:

“The first time I came to London was like on a visiting ting, that was like when I was 6 or 7, living is real different, especially the cold, I was sick a lot. I was in Brixton, South London. My family is really musically orientated, my grandad used to manage Fela Kuti, and basically I didn’t really think anything of it at the time, I really wasn’t about the Afrobeats life at the time, I was listening to DMX you get me, I was more on the rap ting. Obviously, as time went by, I went back to Nigeria, discovered my roots, not discovered, just like appreciated it, and just came to terms, it just started spilling into my music and into everything I did. It was just Africa to the world.”

What’s your favourite Fela Kuti tune?

“It’s got to be “Coffin For Head of State”. The first time I heard it, I had a tear come out of my eye, it was so deep, and this guy is going on about it, they killed his mum, for me to hear that and coming from a Nigerian point, it was really touching because I could feel everything he was saying, and with the whole band, the whole composition of the music and that, it’s deep. It really taught me a lot.”

On future music collaborations:

“Just more international, more music, you don’t stop working. You should get Skepta to bring me into BBK, me and Jammer would just… Nah it’s just the energy, it’s just everything I can relate to.”

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/28/burna-boy-i-would-love-to-join-skeptas-bbk-movement/

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO PREMIERE: Yemi Alade – “want You” / I'm A Woman Who Faces Many Issues Alone - Ibinabo Fiberesima / Ebenezer Obey To Perform At African Festival Of Arts In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.