Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (1025 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by bolaji3071(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: . by dollyjoy(f): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Better than none undecided
Re: . by bolaji3071(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: . by Danimighty7(m): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
My brother in the Lord
My advice is to start work in Monday
Then keep your eyes and ears open for job opportunities
Better half a loaf than none
Better a substandard pay than none
Take it from me
Re: . by NigAmbassador: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
bolaji3071:
As an SSCE holder, and a holder of Diploma in Ict and graphics certificate from a reputable computer institution.

I saw an advert here on Nairaland for a secretary/ computer Operator.. So I quickly send my cv to the provided email address not knowing that the job was for BSc holders with a good knowledge in corel-draw and not for an SSCE holder with a good knowledge in corel-draw. If I had known that too I wouldn't have bothered applying. But as a desperate young guy in my early twenties that is in need of a job in order to save money to further my education I quickly apply for the job.

So yesterday I got a text message for an interview that will hold that same day, I then called the number in the message to confirm and to know the kind of job I applied for, after confirming I then prepared and went for the interview that would hold on Lagos Island, though I stay in Somolu but I was not bothered about the distance as I thought that Lagos Island jobs pay are higher than those on the mainland.

I got to the interview venue and I also saw a lot of people that came for that same interview, Bsc holders, Hnd, Nd but I was the only ssce holder present in the interview venue. Interview started by 11am but most people where sent out of the venue because they have no Corel- draw knowledge, though they have knowledge of MS Office package but the job requires one with good graphics designing knowledge.

So it go to my turn. I tendered my CV to the manager, he then asked me what I can do as an SSCE holder, and I told him all I can do with Corel-draw and ms office package as a computer operator, the Manager then ask me to wait for them to test me. I waited and I did the test so after the test I was told to come back today.

I went there today again for another test which I did, was the told by the HR to drop my credentials that she would call me.

I left the interview venue and when I got home I got a call from the HR that they have gone through my credentials an application and that they are willing to consider me for the job but I should come back to the office again, though I didn't feel good about going back because of the #300 t-fare am going to use again in this hard Nigeria economy. But at least I was happy, thanking God that have finally got a good job that will pay me well on the Island. When I go to the office I was tested again this time it was about typing on word and designing on corel-draw but I did it anyway.

We now got to the issue of salary, I was asked about my salary expectation, I told them to pay me according to the company's salary standard for that job position but they insist I mentioned the amount, I now told them am expecting nothing less than 30k but the HR said 30k is too much.

Note: I will still have to transport myself to work everyday with #300, not to talk of feeding and other expenses.

I then asked the HR how much they are willing to pay, she then said 20k...

I will have to transport myself, eat, and all inside 20k..too bad...Though they asked me to come back tomorrow if am interested so i can start work on Monday.. But I don't think am going to go.

It would have been better if #300 daily t-fare was not part of the job.

So Nairalanders can you do this kind of job/have you done this kind of job before.. Please how do you cope or save money?

Cc: Lalasticlala , Zaragal

OP from the job title & description, coupled with your SSCE certificate, I am not surprised with the pay offered to you.

My candid advise is this, if that pay won't make you productive to the company or enhance your value then don't go for it. But if you are adventurous, then you can deal with the demerits attached to the pay.

But wait ooooo........ Corel Draw? That's really ancient. Move with Technology...

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: . by eph12(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's better you get a 15k job around your area or closer than a 20k job on the island. The sad truth is that if you're going to go about looking for job with a better pay then you may need to upgrade your educational level. You can register at NOUN.
The sad truth about jobs on the island is that they are over hyped.
Re: . by bolaji3071(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
NigAmbassador:

Thanks sir. Please help me to modify and delete the topic from your post

NigAmbassador:

NigAmbassador:

Re: . by Mackin: 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
u hav bn tested OK Ignore for now,but trust me, dey will need u later.
Re: . by DeejayTeeno(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
NigAmbassador:

OP from the job title & description, coupled with your SSCE certificate, I am not surprised with the pay offered to you.

My candid advise is this, if that pay won't make you productive to the company or enhance your value then don't go for it. But if you are adventurous, then you can deal with the demerits attached to the pay.

But wait ooooo........ Corel Draw? That's really ancient. Move with Technology...

Best of Luck

So, what's the modern technology?

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunity At Ornamental Agro-allied Enterprises / Office Assistant Needed / Internship Opportunity In A Tech Incubation Hub In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.