Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Solved - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Solved (599 Views)

Solved- Thanks / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My People - Johnspeak / Inability To Check Your Npower 2017 Pre-selected Status Is Now Solved [must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solved by Tkayhandsome(m): 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
Settled
Re: Solved by EYIMICHAEL(m): 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
The wrong course you are studying is the course you are suppose to study.
Don't give up
Certainly your time has not come.
Re: Solved by Tkayhandsome(m): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
EYIMICHAEL:
The wrong course you are studying is the course you are suppose to study.

Don't give up

Certainly your time has not come.
Re: Solved by EYIMICHAEL(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
The wrong course you are studying? I already graduated and served... This is 3 years since I left school..

Don't give up.
Believe in God
A Christian read your Bible
A Muslim read your Quo ran

Psalm 91 and 67
Re: Solved by Tkayhandsome(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thanks
EYIMICHAEL:

Don't give up.
Believe in God
A Christian read your Bible
A Muslim read your Quo ran

Psalm 91 and 67
Re: Solved by CrazyMan(m): 2:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Today, I am suffering because of my disobedience.
My dad told me to read law in school. I loved law and wanted law for a course, but soon I changed my mind because of the things I heard about lawyers when I was in primary 6.

First I would advise you to stop seeing yourself as a disobedient child. Your father suggested law not because he expected you to become a great lawyer. My best guess is that he (your dad) loved the course and the title attached to it. And imagined how he would feel to be called the father of a barrister.

Also your decision to abandon that dream of becoming a lawyer wasn't because of the bad things you heard about lawyers it was because the passion you had for banking & finance superseded that of law. That was why you were able to let the latter go. So I believe that its safe for me to conclude that banking & finance was also part of your dream.

Tkayhandsome:
I left my dream of becoming a lawyer and chose banking. I read finance and banking. To cut the long story short, this is 3 years without a job. I am 26 and all my effort in trying to land myself a job has failed. I feel so empty and broke. Still under momma's roof and eating her meal...Feeling ashamed... But why?
Calm down bro... You didn't leave any dream. Banking is your calling. Yes 3 years without a job can be really embarrassing especially when you have to put up with Nigerian parents and enduring their constant reminders of all your mates who are gainfully employed.

Still its still too early to give up. What you don't know is that Accounting/Banking and Finance is arguably the most lucrative profession in Nigeria. They are more in demand, generally earn more, and they have the best career progression in any industry.

I will advise you to keep searching and hopefully your search will yield positive results and put a smile on your face.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Solved by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2016
Amen. Dalu
CrazyMan:

First I would advise you to stop seeing yourself as a disobedient child. Your father suggested law not because he expected you to become a great lawyer. My best guess is that he (your dad) loved the course and the title attached to it. And imagined how he would feel to be called the father of a barrister.

Also your decision to abandon that dream of becoming a lawyer wasn't because of the bad things you heard about lawyers it was because the passion you had for banking & finance superseded that of law. That was why you were able to let the latter go. So I believe that its safe for me to conclude that banking & finance was also part of your dream.

Calm down bro... You didn't leave any dream. Banking is your calling. Yes 3 years without a job can be really embarrassing especially when you have to put up with Nigerian parents and enduring their constant reminders of all your mates who are gainfully employed.

Still its still too early to give up. What you don't know is that Accounting/Banking and Finance is arguably the most lucrative profession in Nigeria. They are more in demand, generally earn more, and they have the best career progression in any industry.

I will advise you to keep searching and hopefully your search will yield positive results and put a smile on your face.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Become A Commercial Pilot In Facts What Are The Differences / Salary For Admin Assistant At UN World Food Programme / Check Out This Well Dressed Aya (Tiger Nuts) Seller At A Restuarant In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.