Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

“I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto (706 Views)

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy / Father Mbaka, Mr Ibu, Osuofia Meet With Sultan Of Sokoto & Others In Enugu. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by metronaija: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2016
The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar IV was at the Wilson Center in Washington DC.

Here are 8 insightful quotes from the Sultan's speech:

“We always call on people not to vote on religious sentiment.”
“I can’t be a true Muslim if I don’t believe in Jesus”
“Mosquitos go to churches on Sunday, and mosques on Friday. Muslims and Christians must find ways to work together.”
“We must not go back to the days of killing people over rumour of cartoons in far away places. You can’t fight for God.”
“Boko Haram was founded and funded by politicians.”
“We frown at refusal to send girls to school. Girls should be educated because they are the leaders of our homes.”
“Times have changed. We have to have ranches. Moving cows from Mali to Nigeria no longer works.”
“If the government is doing right, support them. If the government is doing wrong, tell them they are doing wrong.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/i-cant-be-true-muslim-if-i-dont-believe.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by sarrki(m): 9:51am On Jul 29, 2016
K
Re: “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by Tolexander: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Anabi Isa!
Re: “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2016
metronaija:

“Mosquitos go to churches on Sunday, and mosques on Friday. Muslims and Christians must find ways to work together.”
“Boko Haram was founded and funded by politicians.”
“Times have changed. We have to have ranches. Moving cows from Mali to Nigeria no longer works.”

grin grin grin
Re: “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Wise.

Wisdom and truth is not ethnic, religion and race determined.

May he continue to increase in wisdom and the respect of Humanity.
Re: “I Can’t Be A True Muslim If I Don’t Believe In Jesus” - Sultan Of Sokoto by Oche211(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2016
Don't fight for God. He's a man of war already

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Showcases His Dancing Skills At His Residence. See What He Did. / Lagos @50: Oba Of Lagos Bans Anybody From Wearing Shoes Around TBS / Agbado Community Youths Chase Female Monarch Out Of Town With Stones, Cudgels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.