Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,280 members, 7,954,108 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why Don't You Tell Me About Yourself? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Don't You Tell Me About Yourself? (394 Views)

If Jobs Are Not Coming, Why Don't You Give This A Try... / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't You Tell Me About Yourself? by databoy247(m): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
“So, why don’t you tell me (us) about yourself?”

Careful, it’s a trap.

Why? Because most of us gleefully seize the moment to drone on about you, where you born, where you went to school, and on and on and on.

Don’t do it.

I recommend, along with others who care like I do about such conversations, you reply: “I have three recent accomplishments that I believe match up well with what I understand are challenges you are currently facing.” (Practice headline summary of each)

“Would you like to hear about how I saved my former employer more than N2 million annually?, or about how I salvaged three disgruntled, high revenue customers, or about how I made more accurate an antiquated forecasting process?”

The interviewer, not expecting such a thorough reply with options, will, based on history, encourage you to select one to amplify in less than 60 seconds. You then choose the one that best matches what you think the interviewer wants to hear.

Avoid…eschew…and don’t talk about you. Instead talk about results you delivered and be sure you quantify the achievements with real Numbers, real Percents and real Dollars (money).

Remember, it’s not what you say so much as it is, how you say it. Smile. Show genuine enthusiasm. Sell your reply with conviction. Competing applicants will not be as well prepared as you. Hiring officials like to hire happy people and people they believe their boss will like, too.

Everyone has a boss.

(1) (Reply)

Create Jobs For Yourself! / The Online Jobs Module / Engineering Jobs In Nigeria Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.