Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring (1220 Views)

Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range / Common Spark Plug Conditions / New "Evolution F3 Hi-power" Engine Oil On Sales (german Product) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by femi4: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
My Honda Accord misfires due to oil found on one or two spark plugs after a while. I have to either clean the plugs or do spark plug replacement in order to get optimal performance.

Any permanent solution to this problem
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by kakameks: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
For you to find oil on your plugs is not a good sign. I suggest doing a comprehensive service and checks to be sure this is not the inital signs of a serious underlying problem about to manifest it self.
Does your oil short?
Your engine may compression ratio maybe low. ie you lose power on hill climb etc.
Be proactive and check your engine before a serious problem develops.
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
femi4:
My Honda Accord misfires due to oil found on one or two spark plugs after a while. I have to either clean the plugs or do spark plug replacement in order to get optimal performance.

what engine is it?
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by honmusa(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
femi4:

check for the sign of oil again on the particular plug that was having it and if the result is positive then this clearly shows that oil is getting to the combustion chamber through a leak.
Go for cylinder compression test to determine the cause of leak if is through a worn piston,worn valve or other means.
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by femi4: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what engine is it?
Vtec 2.3L I4 SFI
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by femi4: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
kakameks:
For you to find oil on your plugs is not a good sign. I suggest doing a comprehensive service and checks to be sure this is not the inital signs of a serious underlying problem about to manifest it self.
Does your oil short?
Your engine may compression ratio maybe low. ie you lose power on hill climb etc.
Be proactive and check your engine before a serious problem develops.
yes to the bolded
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by sultaan(m): 3:27am On Jul 30, 2016
You did mention the year but Hondas do have oil seal leaks check the attached youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU8qtPzQOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCud8YMABfY
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by honmusa(m): 6:11am On Jul 30, 2016
femi4:
yes to the bolded
if your engine short oil this shows clearly that you have leak into your combustion chamber and the source of leak will determine the necessary solution
If you are in Lagos Contact autologic @ 08061166316 to diagnose the source of leak and the solution
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by femi4: 6:32am On Jul 30, 2016
sultaan:
You did mention the year but Hondas do have oil seal leaks check the attached youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU8qtPzQOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCud8YMABfY
Thanks for the videos, they really helped. I hope I ll get a good mechanic that can handle it.
Re: Oil On Spark Plug Causes Misfiring by disloman(m): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2016
femi4:
Thanks for the videos, they really helped. I hope I ll get a good mechanic that can handle it.
Why still looking for a good mechanic when Honmusa has decided to help you with that.God will see you through.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!!! Toyota Camry 05 Brake Issues / I Think I Need To Procure A Fairly Used Morano Or Lexus Jeep / Urgent - Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.