Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car (476 Views)

I Need A Good Tokunbo Car That Is Durable And Economical, My Budget Is 1.6m / sold# sold# A Tokunbo 2012 Mercedes-benz C250 Asking Price: ₦6.1m / A Tokunbo 2007 Toyota Rav4 4WD Price: N2.650m, Location: Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by fizzy94(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please I need help from the pros in here on what to inspect and watch out for when checking a tokunbo car out before purchasing. I'm a first timer and I'm thinking of using my father's mechanic to inspect but I'm still not satisfied with that, if I could get tips from anyone here it'll be very helpful.
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by youngest85(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
D expiry date of d wiper
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by Ofemmanu1: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
It depends on your budget and what you're buying.
Things like these; VIN, gears, eletronics, mileage, model, interior, exterior, savaged etc may help.
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by fizzy94(m): 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
It depends on your budget and what you're buying.
Things like these; VIN, gears, eletronics, mileage, model, interior, exterior, savaged etc may help.
It's a 2003 model Toyota highlander and I've gotten a seller just need to inspect it and see if I like it before buying.
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by Ofemmanu1: 7:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
fizzy94:

It's a 2003 model Toyota highlander and I've gotten a seller just need to inspect it and see if I like it before buying.
Is it a Tokunbo or Naija used?
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by fizzy94(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Is it a Tokunbo or Naija used?
Tokunbo
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by ayemerbarth: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
Check that the four doors of the car and the boot are still carrying the VIN numbers. Check for rust beneath the car. Check that the car is not smoking. Tell the seller to drive while you drive behind. Check that the transmission is changing fine.
Re: Help!!! What To Checkout For When Buying A Tokunbo Car by fizzy94(m): 1:44am On Jul 30, 2016
ayemerbarth:
Check that the four doors of the car and the boot are still carrying the VIN numbers. Check for rust beneath the car. Check that the car is not smoking. Tell the seller to drive while you drive behind. Check that the transmission is changing fine.
Thanks very much

(1) (Reply)

Reg Rx330 / Unregistered Toyota Camry 2001. 1.250.000 SOLD / Please, Please And Please Awoof Dey Run Belle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.