Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

- Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / (4016 Views)

New Style Of Making Your Jewelry Match Your Aso-oke / What Is Your Favourite Color Combo For Aso-oke Wedding Outfit / Victoria Oke Is Philipines' Miss Dinagyang 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 19, 2009
Re: by MPEROR: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2010
when in doubt go ogle aso oke nigeria
Re: by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 13, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 6:43am On Apr 13, 2010
chaircover:

I did actually google it but didnt find what I was looking for. Thanks

I will follow your thread, hopefully peeps will post pics along with explanations/descriptions. smiley

I do have a small  section of this cloth, I use it for a wall hanging. It looks like the cloth in the pic (very bad pic, it's from the net)

I would really like to know more about it and how it's made.

I hope you get lots of replies, all these hand loomed and hand dyed fabrics should be classed as "ART".

Re: by madlady(f): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2010
I've never seen this design.

I've only seen the traditional designs.

Re: by ayettymama(f): 8:39am On Apr 13, 2010
one thing i love abt the village

they use this wooden loom lookin appratus

and the kind of intertangle it i cant even explain

google the ghanian kente cloth i think its made the same way

theres alot of info abt that on the web
Re: by madlady(f): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2010
ayettymama:

one thing i love abt the village

they use this wooden loom lookin appratus

and the kind of intertangle it i cant even explain

google the ghanian kente cloth i think its made the same way

theres alot of info abt that on the web

I have Kente cloth, it's great but very easy to get hold of, so does not command as much money (well when I sell it)

When I  find Aso Oke made from silk or cotton  I make them into table runners and sell them to a European textile shop in Dulwich.

Re: by madlady(f): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2010
@chaircover, this ASO OKE CHIEF'S ROBE undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed  buy-it-now on ebay for $1.200.00

Re: by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 13, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2010
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QUXecdpfzY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"

smiley smiley@chaircover, you really understand me (no need for the actually words) I am sure they will buy it. embarassed embarassed

I saw a show  on ASO OKE ROBES & FABRICS WORN BY THE ROYAL CHIEFS, the prices they sold for shocked shocked shocked ££££s lipsrsealed

So you have a Bridal shop in Lagos, very very nice. Look at this link of a bride wearing ASO OKE head wrapper and shawl

ps I hope you will not mind if I email this thread to few friends who are keen on textiles
Re: by madlady(f): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked I really thought your would get lots of replies and help cry cry
Re: by ayettymama(f): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2010
^^ lol madlady aso ake is not really made in the city
we tend to take things around us for granted
im not surprised people dont really no
the first time i travelled to nigeria as an adult
i saw a woman doin it, same wiv ankara
and i was soo amazed i stayed wiv her all day!!
but to the average nigerian, unno its nothing
so most people prob dont no undecided undecided
Re: by madlady(f): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2010
^^^ That's such a pity, it could have been a wonderful opportunity for craft men and women to show-case their work.

It's hard to believe that with such a large NL membership, there are no ASO OKE dealers or makers. shocked shocked shocked
Re: by ayettymama(f): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2010
lol anybody dealing or makink ofii wont be on the internet!!
Re: by madlady(f): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2010
^^^Not so, lots of artisans post photos of their stuff on the net these days.

Ok maybe not on this site undecided but I sell my paintings on a couple of sites wink wink

You just have to use every opportunity that comes your way to sell your wares. smiley smiley smiley
Re: by Outstrip(f): 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
My sister just ordered hers from a guy here in the US. After you order he sends it the order to Nigeria for weaving. I know they do it a some village somewhere close to Ibadan. That's your neck of the woods abi Chaircover.
Re: by ubiaa5(f): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
Your best bet would be to actually watch it being made,dont think you will get a complete feel for it by reading a literature.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Who Let Her boobs Roam Free In The Name Of Fashion / Polo by Ralph Lauren Short Sleeve T-shirts / Trending Celebrity Maxi Dresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.