Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos (446 Views)

IMSU Student Arrested For Trying To Cut Off Man's Manhood After Sex / IMSU Student, Blessing Amam, Found Dead With Boyfriend In Hostel / Angel Obrien, IMSU Student Shot And Killed By Cultists Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos by ItzChinnex(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Chinedu Ibe, a 24-year-old 200-level Imo State University student, was brought before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court sitting in Lagos state, for alleged damage and stealing of car parts yesterday.

Ibe said he was told by friends that he could only get clean cars to steal parts from at Lekki.

He faces a-two-charge of stealing and damage, preferred against him by the police.

The prosecutor, Sergeant Cyriacus Osuji, while reading out the charge, explained to the court that the crime was committed on July 24 at about 2:10am. at a commercial bank at Oniru Estate Victoria Island, Eti-Osa, Lagos.

He further stated that the defendant destroyed the side glasses of five cars parked within the bank’s premises, all valued at N900,000.
The prosecutor noted that the offence contravenes Section 409 and 348 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

Ibe however, said he was brought into the business by one Chidi, whose address he could not tell.

Ibe and his aunt live in Ojo Local Government area of the state.
He told the court, “Chidi, who introduced me into this business, told me that it is only in Lekki I can find good cars and good parts to steal.

“I have stolen seven cars, four from Surulere and three from Okoko. What surprises me is that it is this same Chidi that buys these stolen parts from me.
“The highest price this Chidi has paid me for these parts is N28,000 and what keeps me amazed is that Chidi has been protecting me from the police.

“Whenever the police are after me, I usually call Chidi and we meet somewhere in coconut and then he resolves the issues.”

He was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 by magistrate, Mrs Adepoju, with two sureties in like sum.

The Magistrate said the sureties must be related to the defendant and must provide evidence of two years tax payment and their addresses verified.
The matter was adjourned to September 20 for mention.

Source: https://chinnex..com.ng/2016/07/imsu-student-arraigned-for-car-parts.html?m=1

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44

Re: IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos by DTalented(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2016
I see
Re: IMSU Student Arraigned For Car Parts Theft In Lagos by harrysjones(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2016
cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Eight Year Old Murder Solved![video] / Fraud Suspect, Desmond Nunugwo Dies In Efcc's Custody / Okay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.