Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

CBN Raises MPR To 14%. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Raises MPR To 14%. (606 Views)

Remittance: CBN Raises BDC Exchange Rate To N385/$ / Monetary Policy Committee Raises MPR To 14% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 12%,Tightens Money Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CBN Raises MPR To 14%. by tonyobj(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
What is MPR - The rate at which banks borrow from CBN. Raised from 12%.

Implications:
1. Cost of borrowing will go up.
2. Companies that already are not doing well due to the harsh economic climate will sink further into debts. This may mean more retrenchments and more dependants coming your way.

How one economist summarised the outcome of the MPC meeting:

He said, "CBN has pushed the panic button. Foreign investors will not come. Nigeria will sink deeper into recession".

He gave a frightening revelation when he said many banks are on the CBN Discount Window.

What is a Discount Window - where banks go to the CBN for life support.

What you need to do:
1. Brace for more economic impact.
2. Cut off wastes. Postpone that champagne party. Leave out buying that luxury car. Planning to move to a duplex from a flat? Suspend that idea for now.
3. If you have some little change, please buy USD, no matter how small.
4. Generally keep a low profile for now.

It may blow over in a year or more but we could also lose total control like Zimbabwe. Your N10m may now be worth $300 pere.

I truly wish all of us will take steps to avoid becoming one of those 'when I was rich' people.

God bless us all!

Admin kindly do the needful. Thanks
Re: CBN Raises MPR To 14%. by 2wizkids(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
that means dollar is gonna hit 400 naira sooner than i thought
Re: CBN Raises MPR To 14%. by tonyobj(m): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
2wizkids:
that means dollar is gonna hit 400 naira sooner than i thought

Probably, start stacking 'em up

(1) (Reply)

The Best Machine For Bulk Sms Marketing .save Big Money For U Business. / Who Can Supply Me Local Rice / Gotv 5th anniversary was celebrated With a branded cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.