Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. (1253 Views)

Best Whatsapp Group For Producers/ Artists/ Djs / Top 10 Richest Djs In The World / DJs - Please Drop Your Contact Here For Business Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
xup people this is dj d.o.b cool grin one bad sharp dj...
if you know are a dj whether for hobby or career,
just stand by and lets flow together
lets develop our self for better
lets get connected....
kindly drop your :
name
i remain my humble self
dj d.o.b
for now i base in Nasarawa state.
follow me on instagram and facebook.... dobconcepts
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
dont just view and pass, drop ur comments...
even if you are not a dj you can comment,
tell us what you like and dont like about djs
i stil remain dj D.o.B #5nexdj

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 12:05am On Jul 31, 2016
Following
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by captainlordrain: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Xup D.o.B, Im DJ LordRain, doing DJing as a hobby, specifically for weddings and occassions (mobile djing) based in Kafanchan axis... Hoping to work with full time/pro DJs someday...
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
The tread should be for serious minded DJ's, those who are versatile with turntables, players and at least controllers. if you are just a laptop virtual dee jay who sycronise with the lappy keys, then you are far from been called a Dj. A Dj should be able to use the afomentioned gear perfectly, know how to calculate your BPM manually, cue point, beat matching, beatjuggling then some basic scratch styles e.g scrab, phantom, stab, etc. If you are still dependent on your laptop for your mixes please I advise you upgrade and learn from the pros in the game. (certification of djs by djan is in the pipe line, don't be caught napping)
I have over 25yrs experience on the wheel of steel and have mentored quite a number of DJ's. but slowing down now due to age and other commitments. -- from Dj bush CEO music laboratory lokoja. representing Kogi state.#ONEBEATONEVOICE.
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by captainlordrain: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
With all due respect Mr. Bushdoctor wikipedia defines DJ as

A disc jockey (abbreviated DJ, D.J. or deejay) is a person who mixes recorded music in real time. Originally, the "disc" in "disc jockey" referred to gramophone records, but now "DJ" is used as an all-encompassing term to describe someon who mixes recorded music from any sources, including cassettes, CDs, or digital audio files on a CDJ or laptop. DJs typically perform for a live or broadcast audience, but DJ also create mixes that are recorded for later sale and distribution.

I see anyone who plays music from a player to an audience as a DJ irrespective of how he plays it, he/she is either a good or bad DJ. I started out as a laptop DJ cos of my love for music at home someone discovered me and asked me to use his gadgets (a reloop terminal mix4 and a pair of numark 400somtin CDJs and a numark ms6 mixer) which i learnt over a week with youtube tutorials worth 15GB, i did well and i still use his gadgets for my shows, (tho im not registered, hoping to do that soon), now i can use virtual DJ software to play(what really matters is the music) only when im running a voluntary gig, please does that makes me less a DJ.
I dont have my own gadgets cos of insufficient funds, but i can use 3 dj softwares very well and a pair of cdjs, i can do all those things u listed except some advance scratching i here from hiphop pro djs, should i kill my dream as a DJ because i just own a laptop.

1 Like

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2016
captainlordrain:
With all due respect Mr. Bushdoctor wikipedia defines DJ as

A disc jockey (abbreviated DJ, D.J. or deejay) is a person who mixes recorded music in real time. Originally, the "disc" in "disc jockey" referred to gramophone records, but now "DJ" is used as an all-encompassing term to describe someon who mixes recorded music from any sources, including cassettes, CDs, or digital audio files on a CDJ or laptop. DJs typically perform for a live or broadcast audience, but DJ also create mixes that are recorded for later sale and distribution.

I see anyone who plays music from a player to an audience as a DJ irrespective of how he plays it, he/she is either a good or bad DJ. I started out as a laptop DJ cos of my love for music at home someone discovered me and asked me to use his gadgets (a reloop terminal mix4 and a pair of numark 400somtin CDJs and a numark ms6 mixer) which i learnt over a week with youtube tutorials worth 15GB, i did well and i still use his gadgets for my shows, (tho im not registered, hoping to do that soon), now i can use virtual DJ software to play(what really matters is the music) only when im running a voluntary gig, please does that makes me less a DJ.
I dont have my own gadgets cos of insufficient funds, but i can use 3 dj softwares very well and a pair of cdjs, i can do all those things u listed except some advance scratching i here from hiphop pro djs, should i kill my dream as a DJ because i just own a laptop.
Am sorry if you can't comprehend my write up well, I am not writing off the use of the laptop in all its entirety. My point is a good Dj should know the rudiments of the trade, if the manufactures of Dj gear do not see the importance of turntables, cdj players and controllers they wouldn't be manufacturing them. my point is we should discouraged the use of just virtual Dj software on laptop use by djs. are you aware that you cant use serato and traitor without the hardware . I know a lot of boys who claim to be Dj but can't mix without a lappy. checkout this scenario, a Dj set up his gears with turntables or controller with a mixer and amp, subwoofer/high range acoustic speakers and another dj with just a laptop mixer/amp and speakers who gets more respect amongst the two? Laptop is meant to enhance and not take away the skills from the dj. (you see most djs are always glued to their lappy instead of the crowd, it is unprofessional that is why companies like Numark produced the NV controller to discourage DJs from that act ). You stated in your write up that you improved your skills by knowing how to use cdjs from YouTube tutorials, (if it is not important you shouldn't have taking that step) that is what I expect from DJs to strive to do improve on their skills. The scratch styles I wrote about is just a plus for one to be on top of his game not a criteria anyway. I haven't seen a topnotch professional Dj without a turntables, cdjs or controller. But to rely on your laptop alone for your mixes is what I am trying to discourage. Been a member of an association is an individual thing and not withing the scope of this white up, (Remember Terry g and Dj jimmy jatts/DJAN saga.) pls keep the spirit alive, you will sooner than later have your equipments if you perceiver. Good luck bro. #ONEBEATONEVOICE
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by captainlordrain: 1:14am On Aug 01, 2016
thanks boss Bush... i love controllers and hoping to touch a real vinyl turntables someday...
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2016
captainlordrain:
thanks boss Bush... i love controllers and hoping to touch a real vinyl turntables someday...
you are welcome lordrain, its good sharing knowledge with you. pls what controller do you use if I may ask.
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dj Dop, let's hear your contributions. you cant open a tread and run away from it cos we are all here to learn. #ONEBEATONEVOICE.
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by EbenzMedia: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO

Record a song for #6000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. You can also get your already produced song promoted on our site for #1000 with hypes on facebook and twitter and bbm with whatsapp broadcast. Promo ends by August 31st,2016 so hurry now before its too late. Call 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

You can also call us on +2347032617747 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
captainlordrain:
Xup D.o.B, Im DJ LordRain, doing DJing as a hobby, specifically for weddings and occassions (mobile djing) based in Kafanchan axis... Hoping to work with full time/pro DJs someday...
alright bro you are very much welcome. i pray that your prayers be answered soon. meanwhile keep up with your zeal

1 Like

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Dj Dop, let's hear your contributions. you cant open a tread and run away from it cos we are all here to learn. #ONEBEATONEVOICE.
sorry boss have been offline for sometime...well i started with virtual dj. so i don't discourage anybody from doing that, is all about your determination to learn, for the fact you don't have access to turntables or controllers that should not discourage from learning... start with your lappy so that when you get your equipment work will be easier....as for the audience that is a different ball game, you have to learn that entirely...there is need for communication between the dj and audience....play with them , find out what they want and carry them along...#5nexdj #loveofmusic
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
HOW TO BE A GOOD DJ
1.Start with the basics. Being a DJ requires you to do a lot more than just play songs. Learning to structure a set, mix on the fly, and get a crowd moving all starts with your deck. Later on, you can invest in bigger speakers, a monitor, a MIDI controller, an audio interface, mics, and various plug-ins, depending on your ambitions for playing out, but a bare-bones basic DJ setup needs to include the following:

Two turntables or two CD players (or more, optionally)
2-channel mixer
Headphones
Speakers
Mixing software (optional)
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
By the way this is a throw back with me and bad sharp 9ja female dj........dj d.o.b and dj lambo

1 Like

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
As i said with just lappy and virtual dj6...sweet memories...

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by Dobconcepts: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
As i said, i started with just lappy and virtual dj6...sweet memories...

Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
nice one there, sorry am kind of old skool as in trying to uploaded my pix with this phone, will do so as soon as practicable. keep it up bro. #ONEBEATONEVOICE.
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by BushDoctor123: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
You can hit me up on instagram @Claudiusoritogun
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by captainlordrain: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
BushDoctor123:
you are welcome lordrain, its good sharing knowledge with you. pls what controller do you use if I may ask.

im using Reloop terminal Mix4 from a friend i hire each time i go on shows, but i plan to buy a Gemini G4V cos of its affordability... Wen money come, pioneer go come..
Re: 9ja Finest Djs...lets Turn It Up. by djsa(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2018
actually a dj is supposed to have the basic equipment before performing at an event, it look very unprofessional to go to a venue with just a laptop but getting money to buy overpriced gear is the big problem and no pro djs in nigeria is willing to help the upcoming, so they are left with no choice other than to hustle with what they have.
As regard to the issue of vdj or cdj, i believe the era of analog is gone.
DJ s.a naija

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Alebiosu Abiodun Felix (ebony) Biography - Imole Cathedral Church Lagos / Download Mp3: Kiss Daniel – Sofa [latest Song] / Download Latest Hits - Reekado Banks Ft Falz - Biggie Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.