Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,485 members, 7,854,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:46 AM

6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best (797 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
1. VENERATION OF SAINTS: It is only catholic church that place much emphasis on the celebration of the lives and works of righteous men and women of old. The disciples and apostles have their feast celebrated yearly. How many other church do that.

2. THE LAST SUPPER: This is celebrated in every mass as a reminder of his flesh and blood when Jesus share his last meal with his disciples before his arrest and enventual crucifixion. Many other so called church don't do this.

3. THE LORD'S PRAYER: This is said in every mass when Jesus taught his how best to pray by saying our Father....you know the rest,how many church does this.

4. THE PRIESTHOOD: God gave the command that man should be the head of the church in the acts of the apostles and even the levites that were chosen in the priestly order in the old testament were all men. So it baffles me when I see women as the head of some churches ministering which is very wrong. Women in catholic with divine calling play the roles of sisters or nuns assisting the church in prayers not pastoring.

5. HEAD COVERING: God wasn't joking when he said the beauty of a woman is her hair which should be covered when in his presence(1st corinthians,chap 11,vs 1-16). They know the truth but yet you would still find women in other churches praying without their head covered. Catholic church would never allow such satanic rubbish.

6. CHURCH CODE OF DRESSING: Catholic church will never allow any immoral dressing inside the church,but in most other churches you will be left amaze when you see what the ladies put on in the church in order to seduce the pastor,that is why most pastors are coded womanizers due to the FREE INVITATION. ;D1. VENERATION OF SAINTS: It is only catholic church that place much emphasis on the celebration of the lives and works of righteous men and women of old. The disciples and apostles have their feast celebrated yearly. How many other church do that.

2. THE LAST SUPPER: This is celebrated in every mass as a reminder of his flesh and blood when Jesus share his last meal with his disciples before his arrest and enventual crucifixion. Many other so called church don't do this.

3. THE LORD'S PRAYER: This is said in every mass when Jesus taught his how best to pray by saying our Father....you know the rest,how many church does this.

4. THE PRIESTHOOD: God gave the command that man should be the head of the church in the acts of the apostles and even the levites that were chosen in the priestly order in the old testament were all men. So it baffles me when I see women as the head of some churches ministering which is very wrong. Women in catholic with divine calling play the roles of sisters or nuns assisting the church in prayers not pastoring.

5. HEAD COVERING: God wasn't joking when he said the beauty of a woman is her hair which should be covered when in his presence(1st corinthians,chap 11,vs 1-16). They know the truth but yet you would still find women in other churches praying without their head covered. Catholic church would never allow such satanic rubbish.

6. CHURCH CODE OF DRESSING: Catholic church will never allow any immoral dressing inside the church,but in most other churches you will be left amaze when you see what the ladies put on in the church in order to seduce the pastor,that is why most pastors are coded womanizers due to the FREE INVITATION.
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Pidggin(f): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Stations of the cross

1 Like

Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by daewoorazer(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
D elders do say 'until u reach anoda man's farm, ur father's farm remains d best'

wat else can i say? grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pidggin:
Stations of the cross
meaning?
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
daewoorazer:
D elders do say 'until u reach anoda man's farm, ur father's farm remains d best'

wat else can i say? grin
I av been to many other churches ok,they can't match catholic church in moral ethics,excluding the JW'S.

1 Like

Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by daewoorazer(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
dachuchi7:
I av been to many other churches ok,they can't match catholic church in moral ethics,excluding the JW'S.

ayam kiddin ni o!
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by bullseye90(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by bennygreat1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
None is the BEST sir.. Your personal
relationship with God matters MOST.
#MyOpinionThough..

1 Like

Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Juxtified(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
The best what? Church? I thought there's only one church - the body of Christ to which all Christians belong?
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by chachanga: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Swerve joor!

2 selling points:

The "Free-Pass" confessions wink cool.
[U can't ever strike out, right?!] wink

And.....

Wait for it......

The girls...
Oooh My Gosh....those girls kiss
Especially in all those nice city centre cathedrals!

N.B
Sorry o grin but....
Am sure that putting up spiritual issues, esp Church comparison, is not, commendable by scriptural standards!
In an era where revival & true unification is a dire need in the Church, drawing lines of difference and widening gaps by this types of lacklustre topics only prove retrogressive!
I won't take up the job of Marketing Manager for any church even if the position was advertised with mouthwatering packages though I'll always speak up for Christianity & Jesus Christ!
Wish u all d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
6 Bad reasons why the catholic church is the worst.

1- It's a cult of the pagan before the then emperor of Roman convert to christian and catholic now started accepting christianity. But till date catholic mix their paganism and christianity together.

2- Responsible for the death of innocent lives in the dark ages. If you weren't a catholic, you would be killed. ISIS of the dark ages.

3- Claims women are witches and burn them in the stake.

4- Catholic was the first to write a bible filled with fictitious and darndest absurdities today we have other version of the absurdities.

5- Catholic has been scamming people since inception of the Roman empire, it is believed that only God forgives sins but the pope has since declared himself worthy of forgiving people sins but you would pay for it.

6- Catholic priests are known for homosexuality and pedophile molestation and as of 2011, the vatican admit to it and seeks the public forgiveness.

Those are just 6 reasons to counter the op's reasons. However, There are hundreds of reasons why the catholic is one of the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity.
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
aaronson:
6 Bad reasons why the catholic church is the worst.

1- It's a cult of the pagan before the then emperor of Roman convert to christian and catholic now started accepting christianity. But till date catholic mix their paganism and christianity together.

2- Responsible for the death of innocent lives in the dark ages. If you weren't a catholic, you would be killed. ISIS of the dark ages.

3- Claims women are witches and burn them in the stake.

4- Catholic was the first to write a bible filled with fictitious and darndest absurdities today we have other version of the absurdities.

5- Catholic has been scamming people since inception of the Roman empire, it is believed that only God forgives sins but the pope has since declared himself worthy of forgiving people sins but you would pay for it.

6- Catholic priests are known for homosexuality and pedophile molestation and as of 2011, the vatican admit to it and seeks the public forgiveness.

Those are just 6 reasons to counter the op's reasons. However, There are hundreds of reasons why the catholic is one of the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity.
bloody lies from the pit of hell.
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by paulGrundy(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
dachuchi7:
1. VENERATION OF SAINTS: It is only catholic church that place much emphasis on the celebration of the lives and works of righteous men and women of old. The disciples and apostles have their feast celebrated yearly. How many other church do that

That's a lie! The greek orthodox church also celebrates them and puts much emphasis on it just like the Catholic church.

This is also a blatant lie, ALL christain groups does this, Jehovahs witnesses inclusive. It seems like you have never stepped outside any church aside the RCC.

3. THE LORD'S PRAYER: This is said in every mass when Jesus taught his how best to pray by saying our Father....you know the rest,how many church does this

Anglicans, eastern orthodox church also says the prayer.

Not all churches subscribe to that view, e.g Deeper life.

Many conservative evangelicals tie their hair, e.g deeper life, Chosen, CCRN e.t.c

6. CHURCH CODE OF DRESSING: Catholic church will never allow any immoral dressing inside the church,but in most other churches you will be left amaze when you see what the ladies put on in the church in order to seduce the pastor,that is why most pastors are coded womanizers due to the FREE INVITATION. grin

This also a lie, because many churches are strict about the dressing of its members.
Re: 6 Good Reasons Why The Catholic Church Is The Best by paulGrundy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
dachuchi7:

And what was the yardstick you used in determining the non-ethical churches?

(1) (Reply)

The Returned Christ His Holiness Olumba..O.Obu Set To Visit Lagos / Pope Francis Says Qur'an And Bible Teach The Same . / Shocking Revelation About Jesus By A Scholar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.