Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling (802 Views)

Advice Me On Travelling Abroad For Greener Pasture / South African Man Insist On Travelling Back Unclad / HELP!! Need Your Advice On Travelling Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by balash(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good evening please!! A friend needs help on what to do in a certain situation. This is the case, Dude is actually An American Citizen with his green passport and he also own a Nigerian passport, he got his ticket to fly to Nigeria on Monday morning from Dallas (U.S.A) to Lagos and he just realised he can't find his Nigerian passport but he has the American passport. If he wants to drive to Atlanta which is the closest Nigerian embassy to get Nigerian Visa on his American Passport ! It takes about 3 working days.

And his flight is already scheduled for Monday morning, normally If he had his nigerian passport he normally fly with it to Nigeria without visa as far as he has a flight ticket but he comes back into America with his green P!!

Please advise on what he can do? Can he get Nigerian Visa at point of entry here in muritala or when he wants to fly!! Somebody please advise
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by Lexusgs430: 2:50am On Jul 31, 2016
balash:
Good evening please!! A friend needs help on what to do in a certain situation. This is the case, Dude is actually An American Citizen with his green passport and he also own a Nigerian passport, he got his ticket to fly to Nigeria on Monday morning from Dallas (U.S.A) to Lagos and he just realised he can't find his Nigerian passport but he has the American passport. If he wants to drive to Atlanta which is the closest Nigerian embassy to get Nigerian Visa on his American Passport ! It takes about 3 working days.

And his flight is already scheduled for Monday morning, normally If he had his nigerian passport he normally fly with it to Nigeria without visa as far as he has a flight ticket but he comes back into America with his green P!!

Please advise on what he can do? Can he get Nigerian Visa at point of entry here in muritala or when he wants to fly!! Somebody please advise

His first hurdle would be at Dallas airport, simply because he does not have the relevant visa to enter Nigeria.
The chances of him leaving Dallas Airport is about 1%. He can take his chances at Dallas, assuming he departs Dallas, he has another hurdle at MMA. Immigration officers would simply extort him (it's either extortion or scaring him with deportation).
It's best he turns his apartment inside out and look for his Nigerian passport.
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 31, 2016
balash:

he may be able to get a travel certificate, but do embassies open on weekend? he is stuck m afraid.
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by nefertitiram: 6:16am On Jul 31, 2016
balash:

He can get Nigerian visa on Arrival. How he leaves Dallas will be the issue.

Alternatively, he should call the airline to know if they will lift him or move his travel date.

If the trip is monday night he can get an emergency travel certificate from the embassy (ready same day) and fly
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by balash(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2016
Thanks to you all, he still can't find the passport but his concern is how sure his he that he get his Nigerian Visa on Arrival In Nigeria! He said he would see what to do with immigration in Dallas to fly him but the Sincere concern is visa on arrival.

Like the previous poster said it's either extortion or deportation But his plans are that he just want them to fly him into Nigeria then when he gets here he can argue and discuss his positions been a nigerian/american citizen.

But I believe he would Try his best, Thanks All
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by Ugosample(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2016
nefertitiram:

He can get Nigerian visa on Arrival. How he leaves Dallas will be the issue.

Alternatively, he should call the airline to know if they will lift him or move his travel date.

If the trip is monday night he can get an emergency travel certificate from the embassy (ready same day) and fly

Are you sure about him getting visa on arrival?
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by nefertitiram: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Ugosample:

Are you sure about him getting visa on arrival?

As sure as the hair on my head. What he really needs to know is if he can leave US without a visa

Visa on arrival is $200 for US passport holders
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by nefertitiram: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2016
balash:
Thanks to you all, he still can't find the passport but his concern is how sure his he that he get his Nigerian Visa on Arrival In Nigeria! He said he would see what to do with immigration in Dallas to fly him but the Sincere concern is visa on arrival.

Like the previous poster said it's either extortion or deportation But his plans are that he just want them to fly him into Nigeria then when he gets here he can argue and discuss his positions been a nigerian/american citizen.

I've been there to make enquiries because I had someone in the same situation.

When he joins the non nigerian passport holder's queue, he should explain the situation and they will direct him to the visa on arrival lounge where he can make payment and receive the visa stamp.

If he is flying emirates, then I am sure they will lift him.
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by nefertitiram: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2016
balash:

I've been there to make enquiries because I had someone in the same situation.

When he joins the non nigerian passport holder's queue, he should explain the situation and they will direct him to the visa on arrival lounge where he can make payment and receive the visa stamp.

If he is flying emirates, then I am sure they will lift him. If he has a copy of the 9ja passport he should hold it, to prove his citizenship though
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by mkoabiola: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2016
The wayvds gut de talk on hs friend behalf de make me blv say NA u bb d real person

It is beta u open up so ppu can help u rather than saying it is ur friend
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by balash(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2016
How does been me or my friend got to do with advices am asking for? People like u just find fun in accusations like jobless people? What fun do you derive in been so jobless...
Re: A Friend Needs A Help!! Please Someone With Idea's On Travelling by balash(m): 7:36am On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks for all the Advises! Delta didn't fly him actually, so he is looking at extending his date to accomodate him so he can work on getting the visa on his American P! Thanks once again for the ideas

(1) (Reply)

Man Begins Nigeria To UK Trek In Campaign Against Terrorism. / Did you know Benin had a Great Wall? / 3 Die In Accident Between Bus And Car With Corpses Of Father And Son (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.