Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,118 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Is Christianity A Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Religion? (1889 Views)

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard / Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace / Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Pdizzle(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sinkills:
Sorry friend. I am not really particular about what people from other religions or Christians think or claim. I am also not interested in vocabulary, lexicography or semantics of religion. All I am interested is that you and others should by the grace of God be saved from sin and the wrath to come. And the truth is that salvation is only in Christ. Forget religion! Come to Christ in genuine repentance and submission. He will forgive you all your sins, wash you clean, change your life and write your name in the Book of Life in heaven. You will be forever glad you did.

What is sin?
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Sinkills: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pdizzle:

What is sin?
Thanks for your question. Sin refers to disobedience to God, unrighteousness or wrong doing. It includes telling of lies, deception, false accusation, anger, hatred, stealing, pride, immorality, fighting, quarelling, smoking, drunkeness and idol worship. Everybody on the face of the earth is guilty by (adamic) nature, by choice and by commission. Therefore we all need salvation and such can be gotten only through Christ Jesus.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by abduljabbar4(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The word Religion is an attempt to unify all beliefs and teachings into one category be they redundant, mental, spiritual or scientific.

Christianity transcends that as its not just a belief....its not just mental.... its built on something words cannot describe as its best described through the experience of it and not the just a definition.

It entails a change of everything from you to another you not based on your belief of God alone but based on your belief and LOVE for God. So its not ritualistic. ...it provides a self chosen will to submit to a change in you not out of struggle but sheer free willed choice.

Its like a baby who was not present during copulation between husband and wife yet being willing to be born and believe inherently that those people are his parents even when he is yet to see proof confirming such.

I heard that you can bring the dead back to life. Is it true?grin
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 1:52am On Aug 08, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I heard that you can bring the dead back to life. Is it true?grin

He can also make a limb grow grin
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by abduljabbar4(m): 2:01am On Aug 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

He can also make a limb grow grin

shockedshockedshocked

You mean he can heal all those handicapped people we see at filling stations?

grin
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 2:02am On Aug 08, 2016
abduljabbar4:

shockedshockedshocked

You mean he can heal all those handicapped people we see at filling stations?

grin

Yes o!

And not lame ones who have a their parts but just couldn't walk o!

Na AMPUTEES wey no get leg at all o grin
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by abduljabbar4(m): 2:09am On Aug 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Yes o!

And not lame ones who have a their parts but just couldn't walk o!

Na AMPUTEES wey no get leg at all o grin

Lol!!gringrin

But why is it that they don't record these ones na? They record themselves sending demons away and curing people suffering from stomach ache and deafness.

Perhaps we need holy spirit to see it
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Pdizzle(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Sinkills:
Thanks for your question. Sin refers to disobedience to God, unrighteousness or wrong doing. It includes telling of lies, deception, false accusation, anger, hatred, stealing, pride, immorality, fighting, quarelling, smoking, drunkeness and idol worship. Everybody on the face of the earth is guilty by (adamic) nature, by choice and by commission. Therefore we all need salvation and such can be gotten only through Christ Jesus.

How do i verify the existence of Jesus and his status as the highest deity?
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Sinkills: 10:43am On Aug 08, 2016
Pdizzle:

Let me tell you how I personally verified His existence, status and saving efficacy. I simply believed, confessed my sins and repented from them. I had peace of mind and assurance that my sins had been forgiven. I received the power to overcome the sins that previously conquered me. Will you do same? I pray you do.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Sinkills: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2016
Pdizzle:

As for He being the highest deity, I know that God is the highest deity and that Jesus is the Son of God, a member of the Triune God, God Who became man for the salvation of lost humanity. Just believe, repent and get saved from sin and its consequences. Shalom!
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Pdizzle(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
Sinkills:
Let me tell you how I personally verified His existence, status and saving efficacy. I simply believed, confessed my sins and repented from them. I had peace of mind and assurance that my sins had been forgiven. I received the power to overcome the sins that previously conquered me. Will you do same? I pray you do.

Sinkills:
As for He being the highest deity, I know that God is the highest deity and that Jesus is the Son of God, a member of the Triune God, God Who became man for the salvation of lost humanity. Just believe, repent and get saved from sin and its consequences. Shalom!

You say you know but fail to give proofs. It's really disturbing. I have peace of mind and i cannot Just believe.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion? by Sinkills: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Pdizzle:

You say you know but fail to give proofs. It's really disturbing. I have peace of mind and i cannot Just believe.
Well, my main concern and emphasis is that He saved me from sin simply by my repenting and believing. Now I am on my way to heaven which He promised those who repent and believe. That is enough for me. I will know the rest later. You have a choice though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . / President Trump Has Blown The Last Trump. / The Origin Of Osisi Ngwu - Powerful Tree In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.