Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,798 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State (1061 Views)

N720bn Currency Swap Deal Attracts Nigerian Banks To China / I&e Forex Window Attracts $1.9bn In 5 Days / Ifeanyi Ubah Donates N150m To Anambra FA & N100m 2 Ifeanyi Ubah FC(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by investnow2013: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bukham attracts US$400m agro investments to Anambra

By Uzoma Nzeagwu, Awka   |   31 July 2016   |   2:15 am 

Bukham Group of Companies Limited

Borneo Energy Ltd, Thailand, is set to invest US$400m in Agricultural project in Anambra State, through Bukham Group of Companies Limited.The Group Executive Chairman of Bukham Group, Bukar Hassan, announced this after a meeting in Awka, attended by the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA), Hon Joe Billy Ekwunife, the President of Thai Borneo Energy company, Mr. Kanakom Somwong, Managing Director KC Apex International Ltd, Mr. Kelechi O, and Managing Director Of Micpan Integrated Services Nigeria Ltd, Engr. Michael Egbule.

In his speech, the Managing Director ANSIPPA, Ekwunife, who stated that the land would be provided by government, promised to send their terms and conditions to the Thai Borneo Energy Ltd for the project.

He said Thai Borneo Energy Ltd, has however, requested that Bukham should provide 10 Hectares of land at The Anambra International Market Obama in order to build a Thailand Town in The MARKET.

He also said in addition; that the firm, which has agreed to invest about US$400m in various agricultural products, would for now concentrate on massive farming and production of rice, palm kernel and oil for local consumption and Export.

“Their Rice specie is quite different from the rice we have in the country, which will be harvested three times in a year. The oil palm tree to be introduced also is a specie three times better than what is obtainable in Nigeria,” he said, adding that the communities where they will be sited would equally benefit from the power generation to be put in place.

Ekwunife urged the investors to fix a date for final presentation by Thai Borneo Energy Ltd, in conjunction with Bukham Group to enable ANSIPP issue the final approval documents and signing of contract agreement for the agricultural project.

1 Like

Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by LoveMachine(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is nice. Let's keep building. The future is getting brighter.

I won't lie that "Thai Town" doesn't all the way sit too well with me. We'll see...
Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by investnow2013: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
LoveMachine:
This is nice. Let's keep building. The future is getting brighter.

I won't lie that "Thai Town" doesn't all the way sit too well with me. We'll see...
We are matching forward!

1 Like

Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by obongitiad(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is great news.

I hope the rice seedlings can be sold throughout Nigeria so that we can be rice-sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by Thewrath(m): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one from anambra!

1 Like

Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by LoveMachine(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
investnow2013:
We are matching forward!

You ain't lied. Anambra Amaka!
Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by investnow2013: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
LoveMachine:

You ain't lied. Anambra Amaka!
Pics of the Market taken 8 to 10 months ago!

Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by Viktor1983(m): 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
It's all good
Re: Bukham Attracts Us $400m Agro Investments To Anambra State by LoveMachine(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
investnow2013:
Pics of the Market taken 8 to 10 months ago!

Any newer pics? I'm loving what I'm reading, hearing and seeing coming from Anambra. They are doing some great works in the state during these trying times. Could you imagine if oil was at $100+ a barrel?

(1) (Reply)

Advice On How To Sell On Jumia And Konga Advantages And Disadvantages / Need Signage In Port Harcourt / Marvo Still Counting. MMM May Have Reopened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.