Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Mikel Named U23 Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Named U23 Captain (445 Views)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Named U23 Captain by eboro(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
John Mikel Obi has been named captain of the Under-23 team going to the Rio Olympics in Brazil – Siasia says the choice of Mikel Obi was automatic as he is the captain of the Super Eagles and also the captain of Team Nigeria to the Games – Mikel describes his appointment as an honor that must yield result in Brazil In a move that may not go down well with some Nigerians, head coach of the Nigerian Olympic team Samson Siasia has appointed Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi as captain of the Under-23 team going to the Rio Olympics in Brazil. The 48-year-old made this known on Saturday, July 30, at a press briefing. According to him, the choice of Mikel Obi was automatic as he is the captain of the Super Eagles and also the captain of Team Nigeria to the Games.
Mikel Obi Siasia said: “It’s just natural for me to pick Mikel as our captain. Aside the fact that he is the captain of the Super Eagles, he is also Team Nigeria captain. “So after meeting with both of them and explaining my position, I am pleased to say Azubuike who has been our captain understood and was happy to hand over the captain’s band to Mikel. “It is a thing of joy for my team to produce the first footballer to captain Team Nigeria to the Olympics. This, to me, is more than gratifying.” The players unanimously accepted Mikel Obi as their captain and expressed delight at the role he has been playing since he joined the team. On his part, Mikel expressed joy at being made the captain of the Dream Team, describing it as an honor that must yield result in Brazil.

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Formally Completes Transfer To Arsenal / Rio Olympics: Nigeria Beat Japan 5-4 To Win First Match / Efe Ajagba Carrying Nigeria’s Only Boxing Hope At Rio 2016 Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.