Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,416 members, 7,864,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter (1149 Views)

2 Days Pratical Workshop For People In Abeokuta Intrested In Cucumber Farming. / My People In Agriculture You Are Welcome To My World Meat Processing / Why Embracing Agriculture Is A Necessity For Everyone No Matter Your Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by NaijaDealMaker: 5:38am On Aug 01, 2016
I have a business idea which I am very confident will be put into action in no time but I also need to clarify some certain things before I proceed and that's the reason I need advice from people with knowledge in this area.

Firstly I want to really know the difference in the procedure of extracting Palm Oil from palm fruits and extracting the one used to prepare the popular Banga soup.

Secondly I want to know if the extract that is used to make banga soup can be stored to last for a long time just like palm oil and if so, what is the best way to preserve it for consumption.

Please I really need professional answers to these questions as I believe there are so many knowledgeable minds and brains here.
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by youngest85(m): 6:09am On Aug 01, 2016
me am nt knowlegeable, na only wise i wise.....
Le'me come and be going
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by Gric: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2016
youngest85:
me am nt knowlegeable, na only wise i wise.....

Le'me come and be going
There's time for everything..time to play, time to skip post.
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by Curiouscity(m): 8:36am On Aug 01, 2016
The oil is obtained by pressing the hot pulp after macerating. It can also be obtained by boiling the extracts (the one used for bangalore soup). So, how is the extract made? After maceration, the pulp is washed in lukewarm water and filtered, then heated to rolling boil to get the oil or concentrated at low heat to get the thick extract for bang soup. Alternatively, during the washing of the pulp, small amount of water can be used to maintain the thickness of the extract without the need to concentrate.

I hope this helps!
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by NaijaDealMaker: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2016
Curiouscity:
The oil is obtained by pressing the hot pulp after macerating. It can also be obtained by boiling the extracts (the one used for bangalore soup). So, how is the extract made? After maceration, the pulp is washed in lukewarm water and filtered, then heated to rolling boil to get the oil or concentrated at low heat to get the thick extract for bang soup. Alternatively, during the washing of the pulp, small amount of water can be used to maintain the thickness of the extract without the need to concentrate.

I hope this helps!

Thanks alot and very useful information. I had read some articles and it blends with what you have said as well which I really appreciate.

Please can this extract be stored in such a way that it doesn't get spoilt easily? I will love to know the implications of storing it in a freezer or fridge.
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by NaijaDealMaker: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2016
Gric:

There's time for everything..time to play, time to skip post.

Thanks for clarifying that to the person that posted up there.
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by Curiouscity(m): 11:28am On Aug 01, 2016
NaijaDealMaker:

Thanks alot and very useful information. I had read some articles and it blends with what you have said as well which I really appreciate.

Please can this extract be stored in such a way that it doesn't get spoilt easily? I will love to know the implications of storing it in a freezer or fridge.

Yes, if there is constant power, you can store it in the fridge or freezer. If left in the open, it will go rancid (spoil) with time due to oxidation. Canning it is the best, if you are considering commercial production.
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by NaijaDealMaker: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2016
Curiouscity:

Yes, if there is constant power, you can store it in the fridge or freezer. If left in the open, it will go rancid (spoil) with time due to oxidation. Canning it is the best, if you are considering commercial production.

Ok thanks alot and point noted. But aside canning it, are there no other alternatives for commercial purpose? If not, is it possible to get cans easily and not have to have a factory per say?
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by Curiouscity(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
NaijaDealMaker:

Ok thanks alot and point noted. But aside canning it, are there no other alternatives for commercial purpose? If not, is it possible to get cans easily and not have to have a factory per say?

Due to the water content, canning is most suitable. Bottling is another way I am thinking, but you have to research on that. Any method that will keep off oxygen from reacting with it will be fine. Sometimes, you just have to experiment things before having a breakthrough.

Are you afraid of having a factory?
Re: Please I Need Knowledgeable People In This Matter by NaijaDealMaker: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2016
Curiouscity:

Due to the water content, canning is most suitable. Bottling is another way I am thinking, but you have to research on that. Any method that will keep off oxygen from reacting with it will be fine. Sometimes, you just have to experiment things before having a breakthrough.

Are you afraid of having a factory?

No sir am not afraid of having a factory just that I do not have the financial capacity as of now. I want to start on the level I can afford to. I was thinking of using 1L and 4L kegs just like how Palm Oil is sold. Do you think that will work?

(1) (Reply)

Catfish Earthen Ponds For Rent @ Uteh Community, Benin City. / Basil Seedling For Sale / Large Quantity Of Egusi For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.