Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Inspired Lines From Timi Dakolo's Great Nation - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Inspired Lines From Timi Dakolo's Great Nation (1038 Views)

Timi Dakolo - Beautiful Noise Album Download And Streaming / Timi Dakolo - The Vow (VIDEO WITH LYRICS) / (music) Great Nation By Timi Dakolo Vs Great Nation By NONY, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspired Lines From Timi Dakolo's Great Nation by Pajude: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
In times past, we (Nigerians) have been blessed with songs creatively laden with revolutionary and patriotic lines. Inasmuch as this is the case, it appears that most people never really understood the songs let alone took it upon themselves to be that change they clamour for. This song by Timi Dakolo is one of such songs. I personally would have recommended it to be an alternative anthem for the country. Read on to discover the beauteous nature of the song.

Verse 2

Though we are many people
Different tribes: different tongues
We’re united in our strength and resolve
To uphold the honour of our land
And for generations to come

Timi says something quite important here: the need to take advantage of our numbers and not to use it against ourselves. According Ben Murray Bruce, Nigeria’s biggest problem is not corruption or poverty or crime, it is our inability to stand united; unity is our problem. We must understand that it is by seeing the next person as a brother that we all can work together peacefully towards achieving a great nation, a great legacy for the generations to come. Our numbers and ethnic differences could be a plus but could also be our greatest undoing, let us unite instead for the greater good.

Chorus

We’re all we have, we’ll defend our land
We believe in this nation, and we know we’ll get there
We’re all we have, we’ll defend our land
We believe in Nigeria and the promise she holds
And that one day we’ll shine like the sun
We’re a great nation

Timi also presents to us another important factor that can help us stay a great nation – belief. No matter how much other African nations look up to us, no matter how much they believe in us, it is our self-belief that really counts. It acts as a catalyst, a boost to ensuring that greatness is second nature. And at the tail end of the chorus he maintains that one day we’ll shine like the sun, that’s the height of it. It’s called dreaming big and that’s an attribute that every Nigerian should possess. Go beyond what you see now and begin to paint a bigger picture of Nigeria. It is not by bad-mouthing the government and being unpatriotic that real change comes; real change starts with you, what do you believe? What are you doing about what you believe?

I’ll round this off with that thought and I endear you to let it simmer into your heart – way past your head. You and I have a lot to offer to make our country a great nation indeed; let’s make it happen!

Till next time, stay inspired!

Source: www.nerveng.com

Re: Inspired Lines From Timi Dakolo's Great Nation by Allansmith: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2019
Listened to this song over and over and it brought me to tears...If only we would see to make this Country great again....

God help us build this country again.
Re: Inspired Lines From Timi Dakolo's Great Nation by Allansmith: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
This song always brings me to tear...God come help us set it right and heal our nation Nigeria in Jesus name..Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Frank Edward Releases A Country Music Flavour / Download Mp3 Golden Black – Dan Larusso Ft. Nasty C / [new Song] Evado Ft Jay Willz - Onye Nku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.