Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) (1874 Views)

Jos University Teaching Hospital - A Ghost Of Its Former Self (photos) / Snake Invades Ilorin Teaching Hospital, May Allah Save The Patients. / Jos University Teaching Hospital Blocked By Protesting Health Workers - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by mezynaija(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
The joint health workers union JOHESU of the university of Jos Teaching Hospital JUTH have today 1st August 2016 staged a peaceful protest barricading the main entrance of the teaching hospital and crippling its activities, it faulted the insensitivity of the hospital management led by the Chief medical Director, Professor Edmond Banwat.

Speaking to the Plateau state JOHESU Chairman, Comrade Mustapha Kabir, said that the union had resolved to embark on a peaceful protest today pending when their April and May salaries are paid
and also pass a vote of no confidence on the top management for total system failure.

He lamented the non implementation of the MOU signed at the instance of the minister of health since they called off the strike on 6th of June. Out of over 2000 staff only about 270 received salaries and some were paid N500, N200 or even N100. He called on the intervention of the Federal Government as a Federal Teaching hospital should not be faced with issues such as this and further called for the removal of the Chief Medical Director and change of the entire management team.

A Doctor in the hospital also confirmed that it was rather an unfortunate situation and it was painful that it has generated to this, stating that the entire management led by the CMD has been Insensitive to the plight of the entire staff and that for the past 7months the hospital has not been effectively functional.
Another hospital worker also confirmed that the hospital seems to be running to a halt as basic facilities in the hospital are unavailable and therefore most hospital services are almost at zero. Most patients have to be taken to other private medical centers for issues that are normally resolved within and further confirmed that some workers received as low as N100 for a month salary after unjust deductions as only a handful have received salaries.

As at the time of filing this report all activities at the hospital was at a stand still as there was no entrance into and out, even the medical students writing their exams seems to all be on a stand still.
The protest is schedule to last the whole day with rumours that the doctors will also join in the strike if issues are not resolved

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/08/breaking-jos-university-teaching.html

Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by josephine123: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
na wa oooo ..
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by falcon01: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
those people on the third pics be lie

woman; abeg na wetin be social media sef

man; me sef no know ooo na one boy write am gimme make i begin dey shout
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by Cherishing(f): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Op correct that typo Tospical error there grin
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by herzern(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Everyone is anqry cheesy
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by slimpoppa(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
JOESU?
I see.
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by herzern(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
[ undecided
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by Lukmann1: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
When will all this stopped, them keep owe innocent workers their hand end salary. This country is just anyhow
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by Kiddominant(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
:DTospital ;DTospital
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by armadeo(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
Johesu again.

Well.I don't blame them. If they haven't been paid fvuck it protest. However they should remember that thier fellows haven't been paid for 7 months in some states.

Different strokes I guess.
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by Maslow80: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
After deductions,they were paid N500,N200 and as low as N100 as their salaries,abeg nairalanders,which kind deductions is that?
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by weblord1900: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
Naija Government is always like this, this is why I always support private hospitals.

Hardwork no payment... it's bad

Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by DIVA99(f): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
h
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by chi4ik4(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
pls it's JUTH not JOHESU
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by imsuboi(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
ever since that old goat became president, everything has been going haywire. angry
Re: JOHESU Block Jos University Teaching Hospital During Protest (pics) by armadeo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
Still on FP. Hmmmmmm

What's going on.Abi n.a. network tins

(1) (Reply)

I Gave Birth To Twins After 4 Years Of Marriage (photos) / If You Have Ever Cured Acid Reflux And Ulcer Help Me / Help!! Hiv Scare!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.