Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards (1066 Views)

Ishaq Akintola Cautions CAN, Uses TB Joshua As Example / Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards / Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by Bmoney007(m): 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
– Pastor Adeboye has cautioned RCCG pastors to be clean shaven at all times

– He urged elders to be the guiding light to the youths

– The cleric said youths are young and look up to the elders for direction

Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has cautioned elders to be good examples to the youths.

According to him, any elderly person who cannot show the noble journey for the youths in terms of dressing is not worthy to be described as an elder, Vanguard reports.

“The youths don’t respect an elder that looks like them. You are supposed to be their guiding light after they have fooled around,” the cleric stated.

He frowned at pastors growing beards in the name of new fashion, Vanguard reports.

“I don’t want to see any of my pastors looking like fellows from the training camps of Al-Qaeda,” Adeboye said.

He explained that pastors should be clean shaven at all times and must not in any way grow beards that will portray them as persons of different persuasion.

The man of God condemned tribalism in the church, saying no pastor has the church’s blessing to impose Yoruba songs as part of the church service in other parts of the country, emphasizing the need for pastors in other parts of the country to encourage the locals to sing and rejoice in their local dialects.

Adeboye warned RCCG pastors to refrain from arranging marriages among brethren in the church, just as he advised youths not to marry outside the church.

Source: https://www.naij.com/911865-read-adeboye-say-pastors-growing-beards.html

Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by ikorodureporta: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
cheesy Lalasticlala, i don b ftc-o!

Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by P0intBlank(m): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
No comment
Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by project8(m): 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Daddy na bear bear b ur problem?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by herzern(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
I love beards grin....can't afford to shave mine....
Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by ikorodureporta: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2016
#('...dnt ever marry outside the church & you have no reason to marry outside RCCG...'')
Re: Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards by oaroloye(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Does he even read the whole Bible?

. LEVITICUS 19:27.

27. "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads,
neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."

Let him not "PASS GO."

Let him not "COLLECT N200."

LET HIM GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!

(1) (Reply)

MFM 70 Day Prayer And Fasting Programme / We Might Loose Africa To Islam / I Want To Be An Atheist But something always draws me back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.