Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Our Daily Manna 4 Yesterday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Manna 4 Yesterday (273 Views)

Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna 4 Yesterday by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 02, 2016
READ That LETTER CAREFULLY! -1
Basic Scripture: PROVERBS 16: 20-30
A man before leaving for work, left a letter on the dinning table for his wife. But chores around the house kept the woman from seeing the letter until about 12 noon. She was so excited to see that her husband had taken time to write her a letter. Out of excitement and without even bothering to read the contents of the letter, she made up her mind to cook him his favourite meal for dinner that night. But that was her error! After cooking and setting the table, she went to the washroom and took a shower, put on her most attractive nightgown and dressed the bed. just as she was about to finish laying the bed, her husband walked into the house . To her surprise her husband was very furious when he saw her. She became very confused and asked why he wouldn't even let her welcome him with a hug but instead had that angry look on his face. The husband asked , "Did you read the letter I left on the table?" The woman responded, "Oh yes I saw it. That's why I went through all d trouble to prepare your favorite meal for you. Thank you so much honey, it was sweet of you." She made effort to give him a kiss again but to her surprise, the husband pushed her away.....( Story to be continued in tomorrow's devotional). As we continue tomorrow to know why this wonderful husband at the last minute pushed away his wife, the Holy Ghost wants you to know that receiving a letter and following the instructions of that letter are two different things. This woman was carried away with a letter without following the instructions of that letter word for word. The man pushed her because he didn't want to miss his flight(more tomorrow). Likewise, the planet was created by God with a set of instructions but we seem to have misplaced them. Today's basic scripture verse 20 says: "Those who listen to instructions will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful." Use today's devotional to go back to the instructions that guide the earth, your health, your family, your marriage, your business and career. There is a Direction and an Answer concerning every battle you are facing now! It is for you to discover it from the Word! Directions are instructions given to explain how. Listen to John Stott: "We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and overthrow our pattern of thought and behavior." When you ignore instructions, you invite destruction! Begin to spend more time with the Word of God! I remember what Charles Surgeon said about the great warrior, John Bunyan: " If you cut him (John Bunyan) he'd bleed scripture!" Indeed, wise people are loaded with scriptures! Let that be your testimony and you will never know failure nor shame in this planet.
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: Tis So Sweet...
1. In your own words, pray about today's WORD as led.
2. I uproot laziness of any kind concerning the Word from this day.
3. I refuse to be a victim of zeal without knowledge.
4. Every satanic arrow of ignorance, I uproot you today! You shall not be my shame.
5. Whether the devil likes it or not, I shall sit on my throne by divine instructions.

(1) (Reply)

Qur'an Uses 'we' For Allah / Your Skills Is Never Out Of Demand! Daniel 1:3-4 / You’re Not Always Entitled To Your Beliefs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.