Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria (1837 Views)

Standard 2-way SMS Service In Nigeria / Standard 2-way SMS Service In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by tarboshi(m): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2016
I sincerely need help. Am developing an SMS system to support administrative communication for an educational institution. One of the requirement of the system is that students will be able to inquire about their examination grade by sending a matricnumber, course-code and a password to a phonenumber/shortcode. The system responds by sending the exam grade to the user's phone number. I was relying on Twilio for this messaging but they notify me recently that they do not support 2-way messaging in Nigeria yet. Does any body know any reliable service provider that supports 2-way SMS in Nigeria? Pleases if you have knowledge or experience with any, it will be appreciated.Thanks
Re: Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by guru01(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2016
What you need is a short code provider.
Which the short code, they hook into you api, then your app process the request.

If you are interested, contact me via email josiahaccounts@gmail.com
Re: Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by doctorfox: 1:49am On Aug 09, 2016
Have you tried out www.ebulksms.com
Might be what you need if you don't want to go through the cost shortcode and do not need to bill people sending in SMS.
Re: Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2016
tarboshi:
I sincerely need help. Am developing an SMS system to support administrative communication for an educational institution. One of the requirement of the system is that students will be able to inquire about their examination grade by sending a matricnumber, course-code and a password to a phonenumber/shortcode. The system responds by sending the exam grade to the user's phone number. I was relying on Twilio for this messaging but they notify me recently that they do not support 2-way messaging in Nigeria yet. Does any body know any reliable service provider that supports 2-way SMS in Nigeria? Pleases if you have knowledge or experience with any, it will be appreciated.Thanks
I have an exact ready made solution of your requirement, I developed it 2013 b4 going for my NYSC service. I promted to q lot of schools but didnt get any +ve response, if you need any help you can call me on +2348064620491, I used a long code for powering the system. A student/Parent send a request (matriculation number, pin code, etc) to a long/short code, the message is forward to the server, the server crunches some part of the message received, reply the parent or the requestor.
Re: Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by Damilareakinyer: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
tarboshi:

this should help you
http://cloudware.ng/blog/inexpensive-longcode-setup-for-your-innovative-2-way-communication-service/
Re: Need help with 2-way SMS In Nigeria by toyosiid: 11:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Hi, Please which provider did you use eventually for this project?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make Php Time() Static / .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity / Let's share work experiences..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.