Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) (11136 Views)

This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS) / Unidentified Passengers Left Bloodied After Ghastly Motor Accident In Abuja.PICS / All Is Set For Idu-Kaduna Railway Flag Off As Amaechi Does Final Inspection.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Trunaijian: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
I visited Idu station today in order to make enquiries in preparation for my first trip to Kaduna sometime this month. I was lucky to meet the station Manager, Mr Sola who was kind enough to answer all my questions.

Below are my findings:
-The station is being built by the Chinese company -China Construction.
-The speed of the train is 85km/h thus; you spend over 2 hours from Idu, Abuja to Rigasa, Kaduna.
-There are two classes available for passengers; Business class N900 and Coach N500. According to the Manager, both are quite comfortable with very little difference.
-work is still on going to put finishing touches as you would see in the photos below.
-Just beside the terminal is another building under construction which will serve as the Abuja Metro Terminal ie Only meant for intercity transport as against the operational one which is for inter-state travel.
-Work is currently ongoing to link Abuja international airport to the idu terminal to convey passengers to the metro terminal (for those coming into Abuja town) or to the Operational terminal for those who wish to travel to Kaduna. Completion of the metro and rails from the airport is August, 2017.
-There will be opportunities for entrepreneurs in the terminal as soon as all construction works are finished. ie restaurants, saloons, boutiques, etc
- Train works from Mondays- Saturdays
- There is one stop in Kubwa en rote to Kaduna. Passengers who aren't mobile are advised to board or alight in Kubwa for easy access to transportation into town

Find pictures below:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

PS: as at the time i got there, there was no train on site and the next arrival was hours away.

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Trunaijian: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
More pics...

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
Wheres the train
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Trunaijian: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
fearless15:
Wheres the train

non. based on the time i got there, the next arrival was hours away.
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Abayor7: 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
no train in your pictures, this thread is declared #INCONCLUSIVE!

I Rise!

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
Trunaijian:

non. based on the time i got there, the next arrival was hours away.
its been long i saw one, you try sha
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by otokx(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
85km/h is slow, hope they can finish all construction by 2017 as planned.
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by DisGuy: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
So just two trains daily?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by chukxie(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nice. We're moving forward regardless of how slow things are being done in this part of the world. I hope the government can replicate this in all parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by malkudi: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Been there as well, mehn gotta say that the road looked a bit scary to me, felt like I was travelling deeper and deeper into the bush!!!!! about a 20 mins drive from the city gate. also met a lot of refuse dump trucks also following the same road, awful smell on the way there. All in all happy with the works I saw been done there, I may board one of the trains in the future.
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Boldstar(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
Trunaijian:
I visited Idu station today in order to make enquiries in preparation for my first trip to Kaduna sometime this month. I was lucky to meet the station Manager, Mr Sola who was kind enough to answer all my questions.

Below are my findings:
-The station is being built by the Chinese company -China Construction.
-The speed of the train is 85km/h thus; you spend over 2 hours from Idu, Abuja to Rigasa, Kaduna.
-There are two classes available for passengers; Business class N900 and Coach N500. According to the Manager, both are quite comfortable with very little difference.
-work is still on going to put finishing touches as you would see in the photos below.
-Just beside the terminal is another building under construction which will serve as the Abuja Metro Terminal ie Only meant for intercity transport as against the operational one which is for inter-state travel.
-Work is currently ongoing to link Abuja international airport to the idu terminal to convey passengers to the metro terminal (for those coming into Abuja town) or to the Operational terminal for those who wish to travel to Kaduna. Completion of the metro and rails from the airport is August, 2017.
-There will be opportunities for entrepreneurs in the terminal as soon as all construction works are finished. ie restaurants, saloons, boutiques, etc
- Train works from Mondays- Saturdays
- There is one stop in Kubwa en rote to Kaduna. Passengers who aren't mobile are advised to board or alight in Kubwa for easy access to transportation into town

Find pictures below:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

PS: as at the time i got there, there was no train on site and the next arrival was hours away.

How do I get to Idu from Area 1 pls?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by richidinho(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2016
Boldstar:

How do I get to Idu from Area 1 pls?

Stop at berger bridge, enter Idu-Karimo taxi by that police post, it should be N100

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Nafizzey(m): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
richidinho:

Stop at berger bridge, enter Idu-Karimo taxi by that police post, it should be N100
how do I get there from Kubwa?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by richidinho(m): 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nafizzey:
how do I get there from Kubwa?

Why not go to the kubwa stand

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Mikkyjay17(m): 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
please can I enter a train from abuja to Lagos and when is the departure?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by DisGuy: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Mikkyjay17:
please can I enter a train from abuja to Lagos and when is the departure?

No you.can't. there are no connections via abuja

you can try kafanchan or bida to lagos on the.kano-lagos route
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Originalsly: 4:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Hmmm..... next train hours away... and building a link to the airport. .... mainly garbage trucks ply the roads..... why do I think this project is in a bad location?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by tomisinobm(m): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=DisGuy post=51999129]

you can try kafanchan or bida to lagos on the.kano-lagos route[/
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by Mikkyjay17(m): 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
DisGuy:

you can try kafanchan or bida to lagos on the.kano-lagos route

Thanks man.
I wonder the so called abuja and Lagos has no train route to get to any of the state.
Is just heart broken.

I was thinking to travel by train after chrismax from Lagos to Niger State, just wanna have the experience.
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by chukslawrence(m): 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
ICE brings u at 300km/h top speed within Germany
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by katanagirl08: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Anyone know if there's another number we call the IDU station? Their number on the site isn't working properly....

And does anyone know if they run on public holidays like Christmas?
Re: My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) by MichaelUgo: 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
pls can I enter train from Abuja to Aba?

(1) (Reply)

Aviation-Minister Blocks Foreign Airlines From Abuja / This Girl Was Chopped Up In Broad Daylight In Front Of A Crowd In Hillbrow, Jhg / Two Dead, Eight Injured In Ogun Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.