Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

To Build Another House Or Invest In Business - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / To Build Another House Or Invest In Business (15706 Views)

Would You Build A House With 40m Or Invest It In Bonds? / ASPEN INVESTMENT Company-has Anyone Heard Or Invest With This Company Before / Build Or Invest In A Money Making Machine Build Or Invest In An App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 6:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Alright now to the main issue on ground.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

Would really appreciate positive contribution.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by mamaafrik(m): 7:20am On Aug 04, 2016
House is an asset not an investment,think about a viable business 1st,if you build house,tenant may not pay,itz return is not as huge as business thing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by tolexy05(m): 11:11am On Aug 04, 2016
Op, i have a feedmill plant in akure and i need investor or partner you will make a reasonable profit in the biz. If u re ineterested call.07030105957.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Build another house

House is a good investment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Tkayhandsome(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
House. Don't stop building. Your children and great grand children would also benefit.

6 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by veekid(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Invest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by allanphash7(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Use your tongue to count your teeth

3 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by EagleScribes: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Bro, na house sure pass o. Business, especially on a large scale, is very risky now, going by our crazy economy. Losing big time can add hypertension to your savings o

If you build, your structure will always increase in value with time

My opinion

14 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by tripzalee(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Investment
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by izzou(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
If you blow now, you no go share am with me.

I won't advise you grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by VampireeM(f): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
Depending on location, For me its House esp real estates (real estates). thats what I plan making mine on and its an asset without much liablity unlike some investments which is 50-50

The investment you might go into might crash esp in this PMB's era. Invest wisely thats what matters

8 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by datguru: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
I need this advice too, just finished my first house and I'm confused whether to build again or start business

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Ekiseme(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Build house

You're not supposed to ask
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Wise people build their business empire before building their private estate/luxury life.

Caution: invest only in a business you have concrete knowledge on. Meanwhile, since it seems like you are an employee elsewhere, that means you may not have the appropriate time one would need to oversees the day to day running of a business as a CEO. If this is the case, I suggest that you assume position of an investor; invest in other people's companies/ideas.

Don't forget to carry out your due diligence on any company/entity you may wish to invest in. And of course I guess, you know the first rule to observe before walking into the realm of investing or partnership.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by goodforsomthing: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2016
In this present economy,I think building another house will be wise.Naijabet man say so
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Harmored(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Invest and be successful in it,money for house will cone wink

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by TDstarr: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
THROUGH THIS THREAD YOU KNOW THE RICH AND THE POOR.... THE POOR DIGS UP HIS MONEY SOMEWERE AND HOPE NOT TO BE BROKE... THE RICH TAKE RISK AND INVEST... IT'S EVEN LIKE IN THE BIBLE.... WHEN ONE SERVANT HID HIS TALENT.... IF YOU HAVE A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA WHY NOT DEVELOP IT.... Any HOUSE YOU WANT TO BUILD WILL BE OUTDATED IN TEN, FIFTEEN YEARS TIME... AN IDEA LIVES FOREVER...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by MizTyna(f): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
From what you said above,it seems you already have a house. So invest,in something not directly dollar-dependent. Providing services is always best

3 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by DirtyGold: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
You already have a house, probably have a thriving business....
Well, my advise to you is that you should send that money to me cool
and you will go to heaven, guaranteed! wink

What's tha business?

4 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by AlphaCentauri: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2016
build another house

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by NEHLIVE: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2016
A house itself is a financial investment
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by dridowu: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2016
#TeamBuildAnotherHouse

House is a long term investment

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by ogawisdom(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2016
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Hello house,

Been a while on here.

Alright now to the main issue on ground.

Haven saved up for a while now, I need advice if I should use the money in building another house or invest in a business.

Would really appreciate positive contribution.

Regards.
Build for rentage, it's a huge long term investment dt always appreciates

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by omas1(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Since you already have a house, why not invest in business that way your money is secured and also a growing .
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by tdayof(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Building another house is definitely the best option. Even when the economy was well stable.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by bettercreature(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
mamaafrik:
House is an asset not an investment,think about a viable business 1st,if you build house,tenant may not pay,itz return is not as huge as business thing.
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Owlumeday(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
EagleScribes:
Bro, na house sure pass o. Business, especially on a large scale, is very risky now, going by our crazy economy. Losing big time can add hypertension to your savings o

If you build, your structure will always increase in value with time

My opinion
lolz.. This is the main reason y nigeria is the way it is.. People dont want to take risk.. House is cool bt investment is better.. Invest in agriculture.. Or look around nd solve peoples problem then u get paid.. When u make more money u fit even buy estate.. And from the look of things i guess the OP already has a house.. So y build houses around like a bird when u cant sleep in more than a room??

2 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Koolking(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
mamaafrik:

Properties are assets and investments.

Op, can build another house and rent it out either for residential purposes or commercial purposes, dependent on the location of the house. He can make way comfortable returns in a couple of months. Real Estate business is good business if you ask me

3 Likes

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by bettercreature(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
VampireeM:
Depending on location, For me its House esp real estates (real estates). thats what I plan making mine on and its an asset without much liablity unlike some investments which is 50-50

The investment you might go into might crash esp in this PMB's era. Invest wisely thats what matters
You can never be a billionair if you are building houses,house is an asset not investment,making 20k daily is better than earning 5million naira per annum
Even if you build 100 apartment block,a person who started business with just 100.000 naira will surely be richer than you at long run

1 Like

Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by majiya123(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
i may not be perfect but i think investment is the best, since you already have house and the only way increase money is to invest it, if you invest this money now short term you can get double of it and you can rebuild a house or let me call i mansion and contiune with your business so i advice you to invest the money
Re: To Build Another House Or Invest In Business by Owlumeday(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Well OP am sure am quite young to giv u an advice... Bt if we chat u neva knw.. I might be able to suggest one or two biz ideas..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mysafepay.ng Is A Scam - Don't Pay Any N60,000 [fake Autoblogging Business] / Shares (stocks) Or Mutual Funds? / Piggyvest, Save In Dollars, Flex Dollar And Dollar Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.