Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Birthday: Time For Sober Reflection - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Birthday: Time For Sober Reflection (654 Views)

What's Your REFLECTION On The Year? / Jumia Nigeria Nominated For The 4th Time For The WORLD RETAIL AWARDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birthday: Time For Sober Reflection by prettyblacky(f): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2016
This 12th August, I am going to be a year older (+ 1), some of my friends already had told me " babe we go celebrate am naaah!. Just few days ago, while I was reminiscing how far things have been so far and how old I am really, I remembered the words of one man I respect alot. I heard this voice clearly" Don't you think you should use this few days to this particular birthday you are expecting a positive surprise gift for a sober reflection?" I slept over it and discover some scare truths.
A birthday is a day or anniversary when a person celebrates his or her date of birth, its a time when we share with others about how big we have become, A time to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones. A time we cut cakes and snapshot go high, crank up he volume of the home theatre, eat and drink. But then I asked myself some truth revealing questions " How long will I continue to just celebrate every birthday. I sat down and analyze this issue closely and discovered that each birthday makes me older than I was last year. Gradually bringing me closer to death . am trying to scare anyone just trying to make you understand that with every birthday one gets older and it is not about how long we live but how well we live.
This reason, I have permitted my friends, relatives, loved ones and anyone who shares in my joy to do a thorough , serious and sincere attitude, character, manners, strengths and weak points assessment, and also proffer sincere and best solutions to those weakness to mark this birthday. ( inbox me please)
Secondly use this time as well to do some serious soul searching where you are heading for in life. Ask yourselves questions like
1. How can God be glorified through my lifestyles.
2. How can others benefit from my life.
3. What have I truly achieved so far, if I die today what would be my fate?
4. How can I use any opportunity to touch lives.
5. How can I improve in my life generally?
If you get the answer to these questions sincerely, believe me it will help us leave a lasting legacy that will continue to re-echo itself when we eventually pass away...
Am waiting for your answers. Thank You as you contribute sincerely. geraldinechukwu4@gmail.com or Ngakudi Geraldyne Prettyblaqy.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Wedding That Had Strippers Twerking For The Guests (with Photos And Video) / Baysideband, Calabar Carnival / Nigeria Real Estate Conference & Summit 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.