Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,913 members, 7,838,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment (783 Views)

UNIPORT 2016/2017 Merit Admission List Is Out! / KWARAPOLY 2016/2017 HND Admission List Is Out / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by Sqid2016: 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
The withdrawal of admission lists which was released by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has been criticised by an educationist.Dr Victor Akinola,the Director,Information and Communication Technology at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education,Ijanikin,Lagos,described the withdrawal as an embarrassment.On July 30,JAMB withdrew the lists of recommended candidates for admissions earlier sent to the tertiary institutions.He said,The withdrawal could have been avoided if the board had planned well before the scrapping of post-UTME.The candidates whose names had been sent earlier to the universities would definitely be demoralised.This unfolding event could have been avoided if there had been proper planning by the board before the scrapping of post UTME,he told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).Democratically, universities should have an upper hand in determining the students to be admitted following the laid down rules and objectives.He said the opportunity now give to tertiary"#

2 Likes

Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by GloriaNinja(f): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria's educational policy is filled with Doom.
Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
That was why Dibu was giving was giving the big stick. I don't blame him,he was used as a scape goat and dump by the powers that be. JAMB should be overhauled from the bottom to the top if Nigeria educational sector must get their. This is a national shame courtesy of JAM JAM.
Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
You humans and your inability to be satisfied
Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by druxy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
SirWere:
You humans and your inability to be satisfied

I tell you.. when them dey post anyhow.. no be we dey complain?
Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by Sirfrederick(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
Did any of you read the letter? The admission list that was withdrawn is the second one not the first. Those whose names were sent at first is still with the universities. Read well and understand.

Re: Jamb:"withdrawal Of 2016 Admission List Is A National Embarrasment by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
druxy:
I tell you.. when them dey post anyhow.. no be we dey complain?

I tell you bro. Na dem dey shout up and down say the posting is unfair. Now that they removed it, they are complaining again.

Pathetic i tell you. Pathetic

(1) (Reply)

Study In Germany, Austria And Switzerland (tuition Free Universities) / Reasons Women Make Better Leaders Than Men / Futminna Clinic Burned Down For Refusing To Treat Student (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.