Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,670 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! (614 Views)

See The Jungle Justice Done To A Theif Caught Just Now(pics And Video) Graphics / DVD And TV Theif Caught Today At Abeokuta Ogun State / Abomination:police Demand N12,000 Before Saving Ekiti Community From Attack Of H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
I got a call from my colleague this morning that I should hurry down to the office. When I got there, she told me the office was robbed!

She left for a few minutes to go buy fuel at a filling station that shares a fence with our office building. And while she was coming back in, she saw a young boy, of about 15 yrs old run past her with a package in his hand.

On getting to the office she found that the door was forcibly opened and all the money in the office was taken! + 3 phones and other valuables.

So we went to the station oo...and narrated our story. That's how the policeman said we must first pay 4000 naira before any action can be taken! No pricing even!

I was dumbfounded ; just when I told you all my money was stolen? Where do I then get 4000 naira?

Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44 OAM4J lalasticlala
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by Damfostopper(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nigerian police is not ur friend
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by zinachidi(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
most Nigerian policemen don't have integrity. This behavior encourages people to take laws into their hands cos they know the NPF isn't capable. Well who blames them. They are not well paid. I guess that's why.
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
Just got a tweet from @PoliceNG_CRU

Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by madridguy(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
NAIJA POLICE CAN FALL PERSON HAND AT TIMES.
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
Mynd44 OAM4J lalasticlala
Frontpage please, mods

Replied the tweet already

Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by ministeriallist: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Police is your friend. I heard they even have #10M to throw around. grin
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by chachanga: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
[b]Ahh, Yhu don't know them.
I'll bet almost every Policeman's being an "Omoonile" in their former lives! angry
They will tell you that money's for "opening case file"; when you withdraw case, they'll tell you to pay to "close case file" again.

Later, the money will be to fuel the Patrol Vehicle even when the crime scene is a mere strolling distance away shocked

We all know the kish is for evening pepper-soup, bleaching creams and chasing other pple's wives. If the latter no dey, former female case suspects go do; those ones are easily coerced into "servicing-arrangements" especially when case is still under investigation.

If they ever make it to the crime scene and accost the perps, they're usually too weak and unfit to chase down and apprehend the thieves.

The most hilarious part:
You get to see their diving wink and dodging skills if ever real shooting occurs...
then, you know Nigeria's best Goal-keepers have not been discovered yet, most of them are hiding in the Police Force grin!
Naija Police, I Twale o!
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
He had 1 or 2 stripes as his rank.
That should be inspector. He was called Jonathan

Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
So, after we left the station last week, we began to mount surveillance ourselves. We paraded the boys street everyday hoping to see him or his mother.

On Thursday (11th Aug), exactly 1 week after we were robbed, the boy was spotted!

So I stationed some guys from the area to watch him while I ran to the police station to get a policeman. He was arrested alongside his mother.

After series of interrogation, he confessed to the crime.

The police traced the buyers of the phones and recovered the 3 phones.

Tit was discovered that the boy (aged 12) has been supplying this guys phones for the past 2 yrs (since he was 10 yrs old).
He sold out phones to them at 1000 naira each.
We're still at the station deliberating how to get the money back.

Thank God we knew a policeman at the station... if not, this case would av been a goner.
Re: Update: Nairalander Got Robbed; Police Demand fee. Theif caught already! by Harrisee(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lol. Welcome to the zoo. These days I wonder the difference between police and criminals

(1) (Reply)

Woman Torture 16-year-old Housemaid With Hot Iron For Not Sweeping / In Lagos 57- Year-old Man In Court For Stealing Toilet Seats / Omg.!see What A Husband Did To His Wife For Saying "Buhari Is Working" [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.