Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 (1025 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Wrist Watches Of 2016 – 2017 / The 10 Most Mind-blowing Scientific Discoveries Of 2016 / Awesome Flip-up Devices That Rocked Nigeria’s Android Market In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by MozB: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
Just this evening, while I was still exchanging messages with friends using my blackberry bold9900, I got a pop-up message from whatsapp, notifying me that from 2017 I can no longer run whatsapp on my device. In their blog, they listed devices that they will no longer support. Support here means that any user who's device falls under the list can no longer access or even download and install whatsapp again.

They include:
-BlackBerry, including BlackBerry 10

-Nokia S40

-Nokia Symbian S60

-Android 2.1 and Android 2.2

-Windows Phone 7.1

-iPhone 3GS/iOS 6.

They went further to explain that Those platforms don't offer the kind of capabilities they need to expand their app's features in the future. They advice that users of this platform should upgrade.

Read: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/26000006

Re: Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by Theoritical(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
Aii' users of BlackBerry should send 50naira each' into my account. let's go bribe them. No one is above financial reset.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by MozB: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Theoritical:
Aii' users of BlackBerry should send 50naira each' into my account. let's go bribe them. No one is above financial reset.

Lol... Let them start saving their money. Blackberry DTEK50 is out. Runs pure android. $299. Not as expensive as the priv. So all lovers of blackberry should start saving
Re: Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by Theoritical(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
MozB:

Lol... Let them start saving their money. Blackberry DTEK50 is out. Runs pure android. $299. Not as expensive as the priv. So all lovers of blackberry should start saving
Bros, why u come dey spoil my hustle nau'. Besides,hw much is the BBDTEK self'. @least, those using bold one to 10 and classic can still contributes to this course grin
Re: Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by MisterPresident(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
I was a BlackBerry extremist till i bought an android phone (Huawei P8).

Some days i just sit back and wonder why i wasted so many years on BB.
Re: Whatsapp Announces Devices That Will Not Run Whatsapp At The End Of 2016 by mykeldinho(m): 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
Whatsapp dm dy deceive dia spirit..xo wat happenx to JAVA fones like Nokia Asha,C3 etc..na Symbian fone dm onli c..dy r nt serious

(1) (Reply)

Best Mobile Apps For Learning Programming Language / Flexible All Round Mobile Phone Holder / Where Ar U Hi-tech Welders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.