Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

News Updates, August 4 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News Updates, August 4 (494 Views)

News Updates, August 17 / News Updates, August 5 / News Updates, August 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Updates, August 4 by Newsbreakers: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
IGP visits communities attacked by militants in Lagos

The acting Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, on Thursday visited Isawo and Igbo Olomu towns in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

The two areas have recently come heavily under the attacks of militants who killed and kidnapped many residents for ransom.

The IG, who arrived at the towns around 10.30am, asked members of the communities to be vigilant and to report suspicious activities to the police.

A soldier deployed in the area said some of the militants had fled from the creek into the community and were among those who welcomed the IG.

Desmond Elliot at Aso Excellence Awards In Lagos

The Queen of Aso Nigeria 2016 took another dimension this year as the opening preliminary fashion was held at the prestigious Oriental hotel Lagos Nigeria.

The Event which has its official hosts as Melvin Oduah and Winifred Iguwa registered the presence of key government officials and celebrities, Top Nigerian Designers Mccoyclothings, Ibile Vogue Academy, DiyaKulture and Keto couture.

This year’s event awarded the speaker of Lagos State Government Rt Hon Mudashiru Obasa, Hon Desmond Elliot, Yaw, Artquake, Ibiye Vogue Academy, Chief Mrs Nike Okundaye, Dr Seye Kehinde, Juliet Ibrahim, Chief Mrs Abba Folawiyo, Otunba Olakunle Azeeze, Hon Dayo Israel, Mr Lekan Balogun CEO McCoy clothings,

It was remarkable to see Queen Yvette Meurer, Most Beautiful Model in Nigeria, receive appear on stage with Desmond Elliot as he received his award. She presented her titled book \’Path To Excellence\’ to the Lagos State House of Assembly member as one of the names she mentioned on her first Co-authored literary youth masterpiece.‎

A 21-year-old man who wanted fast money has been arrested after he attempted to behead his friend for rituals.

A 21-year-old man, Charles Ashitey, from the Tema Region in Ghana, is currently in police custody after he was arrested for allegedly attempting to behead his best friend, Daniel Norteye, 19, for money rituals.

Ashitey, who is popularly known as Zaga, was arrested by residents of Tema Newtown after his attempt to kill Norteye failedon Sunday, July, 31, Adom Online reports.

In a police report, the victim who had gone for a party in the area, decided to spend the night in his close friend’s room, not knowing that the man he thought was his friend, had other plans for him and that was to kill him for rituals.

In the police statement, it was gathered that at 4am, Ashitey decided to carry out his plans by using a sharp knife to slit the throat of Norteye but the victim woke up and began struggling with the suspect, resulting in multiple cuts in his palm and abdomen.

But luck was on his side as he was able to escape with the knife and was rushed to his aunt’s house where he was taken to the Tema Newtown Police Station to lodge an official complaint, before being taken to the Tema General Hospital for treatment.

When the police went to the search the suspect’s room, the decomposing head of snake was found alongside egg shells, and powder, which were sprinkled around the room, while a wooden doll was also found in the room.

I am still leader of Boko Haram sect- Abubakar Shekau insists in a new audio message

Abubakar Shekau yesterday released an audio stating that he remains the leader of the terrorist group, Boko Haram. He released the audio message hours after BBC released a report that ISIS in the latest issue of their magazine announced Abu Musab al-Barnawi as Boko Haram’s new leader. Shekau in the audio accused al-Barnawi of trying to stage a coup against him. In the 10 minutes audio, Shekau spoke in Haura and Arabic.

Below is excerpts of Shekau’s words in Hausa:

“All blessings be to Almighty Allah, and his His Prophet SAW. I am Imam Abubakar Shekau. This is the message to the world, to those who can understand Hausa and any other languages it can be translated for a clear understanding of the message, which is why we are sending this message to the world. The content of my message goes thus. We have heard news going round and attributed to people we had earlier pledge allegiance to. Even though we are not against them base on the message we heard in the world radio but we are still on our ideology. We know those we differ with, and I have written on this long ago. All we wrote have been documented with me, some eight pages and some nine pages stating their kind of ideology.

Because I stated it clear that I am against the principle where someone will dwell in the society with the infidels without making public his opposition or anger against infidels publicly as it is stated in the Quran. Anyone doing such can’t be a real Muslim thick and thin. This is what our ideology proved. And that is where I am, to them, a Muslim can dwell in the society and do his marketing compromising core foundations. I want the world to know that we are still holding our ideology and tied with the Quran, we will not derail and will not revolt but will continue to remain in the cause of Allah.

Following Prophet SAW is compulsory for us, and we will follow it to the end. This is our stand, and we are still in the cause of Jama’atu Ahl as-Sunnah li-Da’awati wal-Jihad and Allah will help us. May Allah strengthen us to remain in this cause. We are still members of Jama’atu Ahl as-Sunnah li-Da’awati wal-Jihad, no matter what they call us, we remain what we are. No matter what we have our basis in Quran.

No matter what they call us, what we aspire is to justify our ideology in the Quran which is ultimate because we have not derailed. We are on and in the future, we will not accept any emissary except the one we can attest he is sincere and truthful for Allah and His cause. In the first place, we sat and I was deceived, they said I should write my ideology to be taken if there is a mistake they will point out and bring back.

They now deceive me, and it is base on some authorities and today I found out that there is one who is following principles of infidel which they want me to follow, and Prophet has stopped us against such. We are still in the cause of Allah and will never depart in the struggle to establish an Islamic caliphate and standing by Islam. We will continue to work for the cause of Allah no going back. Anyone that caused this, no problem, if it’s possible may Allah show him the correct path and if it is not so may Allah protect us from his mischief.”

Landlord pour hot water on young boy over alleged theft in Akwa Ibom (Photo)

Mr. Aniete, a landlord in Atan, Oodukpani LGA of Akwa Ibom poured boiling water on the boy identified as Daniel Edet Inyang, severely injuring him. The incident is said to have happened on July 14th. According to reports, Mr Aniete, a Tailor had accused the boy of stealing a phone.

Nigerian woman, Franca Asemota pictured during her extradiction to the UK to stand trial for trafficking of minors

Franca Asemota from Benin, Edo State, who is currently facing trial on charges of human trafficking and sexual exploitation, is pictured at the airport being extradited to the UK earlier this year.

The 38-year-old was on August 3rd found guilty of eight counts of conspiracy to traffic people into sexual exploitation by a jury at Isleworth Crown Court. Ms Asemota forced dozens of teenage orphans into prostitution and slavery using the threat of witchcraft.

Known to her victims as ‘Auntie Franca’, she used Heathrow as a hub to traffic at least 40 girls and young women into Europe from remote villages in Nigeria. She promised them jobs, education and a better life, then used ‘witchcraft’, threats and violence to force them in to the European sex trade.

PRESS RELEASE: Poise Nigeria Launches Premier Book on Refinement!

Contact person: Nonye Cally-Bechi

Mobile: 08035676266

Email: nonye.cally-bechi@poisenigeria.org

Poise Nigeria Launches Premier Book on Refinement!

Join Poise Nigeria Limited at the official launching of the book, The Art of Refinement by Mavi S. Isibor- ‘The Etiquette Icon’. This event is scheduled to hold on Sunday, August 7, 2016, at its corporate head office 5, Pinnock Beach Estate, Jakande Roundabout, Lekki at 3.00 pm prompt.

LEKKI, LAGOS: 4 August, 2016- Poise Nigeria Ltd will be hosting the launching of the book, The Art of Refinement, this is the first of its kind written by a Nigerian Author. The book, which addresses the dearth of matters concerning etiquette among Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike, is coming at a time when the need for such values have gotten to its peak. The call for values & decorum clarification, especially in our political and corporate circles have largely gone unheeded, hence the book provides the economic importance and benefits of having refined minds to promote the country’s brand!

In addition to getting firsthand solutions to real life challenges, the book provides practical steps and solutions to positive living and ethical orientations which everyone needs in a fast-changing globalized world that places much emphasis on virtues like trust and decorum. The event will also feature networking opportunities with business experts and other top minds.

The book will be reviewed by ace broadcaster and TW magazine publisher, Adesuwa Oyenokwe. The Chairman of the Occasion and Chief Launcher is Mr. Ifie Sekibo, MD/CEO, Heritage Bank.

Also in attendance will be Professor Pat Utomi, Chairman, Poise Nigeria Limited; and other notable dignitaries.

Poise Nigeria Limited is Nigeria’s foremost etiquette company located at 5A, Pinnock Beach Estate, Jakande Roundabout, Lekki, Lagos.

Twitter handle: www.twitter.com/poise_nigeria

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/poisegroup

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Discovery!!! Over 500 Fishes Loose Their Lives In Kubwa Daily. / Best Job In The World! This Company Wants To Pay People To Play Pokémon Go / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.