Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! (2882 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / Proverbs And Their Meaning / Great Nupe Proverbs And Their Meanings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
You can share whatever culture proverbs you like...

this is my Samoan proverb: "Ua mu le lima, tapa le i'ofi."

meaning:"Having foolishly got into trouble he is asking for help."

"Once bitten, twice shy." kiss
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
christinnah:
You can share whatever culture proverbs you like...

this is my Samoan proverb: "Ua mu le lima, tapa le i'ofi."

meaning:"Having foolishly got into trouble he is asking for help."

"Once bitten, twice shy." kiss
what language is that?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by izzou(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ha naghi ama afo ga muo eze

Meaning: You cannot know the pregnancy that will deliver a king tomorrow

cool
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 2:05am On Aug 06, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
what language is that?

Samoan!!
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 2:05am On Aug 06, 2016
izzou:
Ha naghi ama afo ga muo eze

Meaning: You cannot know the pregnancy that will deliver a king tomorrow

cool

in what culture is that?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 2:15am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

Samoan!!
okay
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 2:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 2:23am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

tongue
oa mai oe?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 2:25am On Aug 06, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
oa mai oe?

you speak Samoan?

Manuia faafetai...o a mai oe?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 3:38am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

you speak Samoan?

Manuia faafetai...o a mai oe?
o au mea na e fai?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
o au mea na e fai?

hahaha

le fai o'u meaaoga... meaning I'm studying...
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by izzou(m): 5:15am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

in what culture is that?

Igbo culture

1 Like

Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 6:33am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

hahaha

le fai o'u meaaoga... meaning I'm studying...
. Sa na ona ou ala ae i le taimi nei
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
. Sa na ona ou ala ae i le taimi nei

is that means you just woke up coz I don't get this!!!
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2016
christinnah:

is that means you just woke up coz I don't get this!!!
. Yeah, that's what I said
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 3:26am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
. Yeah, that's what I said

ohh ok!!! you're good in Samoan...
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 3:37am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

ohh ok!!! you're good in Samoan...
! Not at all just translating
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:02am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
! Not at all just translating

and where did you get those from?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:18am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

and where did you get those from?
Google translate
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
Google translate

tongue
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:26am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

tongue
how are you dear?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:27am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
how are you dear?

I'm good thnx... I thought you're sleeping tongue
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:28am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

I'm good thnx... I thought you're sleeping tongue
having insomnia
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:28am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
having insomnia

whats insomnia
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:30am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

whats insomnia
in ability to sleep
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:31am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
in ability to sleep

ok!! tongue
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:32am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

ok!! tongue
I mailed you already
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:33am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
I mailed you already

dear i can't open my email right now... ill mail you back tomorrow!! sorry darl!!
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:35am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

dear i can't open my email right now... ill mail you back tomorrow!! sorry darl!!
. How was the ball game?
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:38am On Aug 07, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
. How was the ball game?

it was good a lot of fun!!!
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by Certifiedbillio(m): 4:39am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

it was good a lot of fun!!!
good! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lets Share Our Proverbs And Their Meanings!! by christinnah(f): 4:40am On Aug 07, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covid-19 / Which Of These Should I Use For My Rituals Tonight? (sacred Pics) / Some Annoying Nigerian Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.