Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per (1829 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Stitches Goal Stats On Boots! / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by yungwun(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt]EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR'S feud with Robin van Persie began last season when he walked off with his strike partner's boots.

And the disgraced Adebayor will add insult to injury by dragging Van Persie into his battle with the FA.

The City striker was banned for three matches for raking Dutchman Van Persie's face with his studs during last week's explosive clash with Arsenal.

But the roots of their confrontation stretch back to the final day of last season when Adebayor scooped up boots and kit from the Arsenal dressing room.

The former Gunners striker walked into the home changing room at the Emirates with a bin liner and filled it with the boots of first team players.

Van Persie, who had scored twice in a 4-1 win against Stoke and intended to give his boots to friends as a momento, was livid.

He was stunned when a kitman told him that Adebayor had taken all the players' boots before leaving the Emirates for the last time.

Arsenal confirmed last night that Adebayor, who missed the game through injury, had taken the boots of several players.

A club official said: "Adebayor took all the boots from the dressing room without permission.

"He swept the dressing room."

Van Persie, along with skipper Cesc Fabregas and other Arsenal stars were told about the amazing incident by the kit men. By then Adebayor had already left the stadium with the boots and other items of kit that he had picked up off the dressing room floor.

Arsenal's backroom staff witnessed the extraordinary scenes, but were powerless to act.

And an Arsenal source said: "Normally at the end of the season players give their boots away to friends, family or a charity, but they couldn't because Ade had taken the lot.

"We never saw him - or the boots - again.

"Robin was going mad. They couldn't believe a team-mate earning £80,000 a week would do that."

When quizzed about the incident, Adebayor's agent Stephane Courbis claimed last night: "At the end of the season it is usual for players to take the materials they will not be using any more.

"A lot of African players take kit back to their country because the facilities and conditions in Africa are not the same as they are in England."

Meanwhile Adebayor has not finished with Van Persie yet.

The Togo international plans to put his ex-team-mate in the dock when his improper conduct charge for provocative goal celebrations in front of the Arsenal fans at Eastland's, is heard by the FA.

The City striker is putting together a DVD package of controversial goal celebrations ahead of his hearing.

Van Persie ran to the crowd after equalising for Arsenal in their 4-2 defeat at City last weekend, and was alleged to have mouthed obscenities at City supporters.

The Dutch striker has not been charged by the FA and also escaped punishment following his scathing statement about his former strike partner.

Adebayor will point out that he did not leave the field of play when he ran nearly 90 yards to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans after scoring City's third.

The City striker has been banned for three games - including today's Manchester derby at Old Trafford - following the raking incident with van Persie.

And as they club attempt to ensure their star striker won't face further sanction, they have trawled through the archives for evidence and discovered a similar incident involving Thierry Henry and Tottenham supporters.

Eagle-eyed City chiefs have footage of the former Arsenal striker scoring at Highbury in a North London derby seven years ago, back in November 2002.

Henry then ignored his team-mates' attempts to stop him, running 90 yards up the touchline before sliding to his knees in front of Spurs supporters in the Clock End.

Henry escaped an FA rap, despite calls from Spurs fans for immediate action, and Adebayor will argue that his own celebration was similar.

The former Arsenal captain has also joined the debate over Adebayor's behaviour and slammed his ex-team-mate's criticism of the Gunners and boss Arsene Wenger.

Henry said: "You have to remember - no matter where you end up in life - the people who helped make you along the way and gave you the chance.

"I won the treble with Barcelona last year, but I know if it wasn't for Arsene and Arsenal I would not be the player I am today.

"I think the same has to be true of Adebayor. He might be one of the world's top strikers today but he wasn't before Arsene got hold of him and gave him that chance.

"When he came from Monaco he wasn't even getting games back in France and then, within two seasons, he was a player who was wanted by a lot of top clubs in Europe.

"Arsene puts a lot of investment in you when he sees talent and I don't think it would hurt for Adebayor to show him, the club and the fans a little more respect.

"The fans at Arsenal were great, they were and always will be my family.

"I never saw them behave badly, so to react like they did at the weekend shows just how angry and upset they were.

"They will you show you love and respect, but like any relationship they will ask for that love and respect back.

"No matter what Adebayor's emotions were he could have earned himself a lot of respect by not celebrating the goal.

"That would have shown real class, and that to be honest is what most players choose to do when they score against their old clubs, and I don't really understand why he didn't do that."
[/size]
[/font]
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2009
RVP should relax. . . . all those boots are going to Ade's charity in Togo.

Kanu regularly does the same, by swiping all his teammates shirts and boots. Even Desailly still comes to Chelsea dressing room to collect their boots for people in Ghana. cool
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by A40(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
Is he a barbarian?? What would it have cost him to just ask
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2009
ade na thief angry na goat. what do you expect angry

abeg make dem sue the goat jare grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Krayola2(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
Ade no send dem. He simply doesn't give a shit!! cool cool
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
krayon

i'll be getting to you soon cheesy

ade can go cut grass or drink gutter water grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
Henry=typical french man.we all know Ade wouldn't have been a star but for AW.
But to justify the Gaynners fans actions is just terrible.
mukina,
apparently you haven't moved on from 13th Sept 09.
If adebayor has no class,you and everyone who chants all the abuse are just drawing urselves down to his level.
but I'm not surprised.
gunners have no class grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by dayokanu(m): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
Henry is a self-servicer. Why did he celebrate in front of Spurs fans and he is talking of class.

The same Assanal fans who booed Eboue or the the same Assanal fans who cussed Ashley Cole
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2009
Eastbay
face front small tongue
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by jalether(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry is a self-servicer. Why did he celebrate in front of Spurs fans and he is talking of class.

The same Assanal fans who booed Eboue or the the same Assanal fans who cussed Ashley Cole

Seconded, gayners just like their paedo manager are hypocritical jangbajantis's grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mystikal(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
Henry never played for Spurs.
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
mystikal:

Henry never played for Spurs.
thank you kiss kiss

thats what this haters won't see.
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
So that makes it right for Henry to taunt Tottenham fans?

Did Henry celebrate his goal against Juventus? Hypocrite
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
go hit the bridge tongue grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mystikal(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
u see am go taunt juve fans?
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by chic2pimp(m): 5:22am On Sep 23, 2009
Look @ all of una Agbero gaynners. *Nonsense*

ADE u do well jare. Buncha Haterrrrzzzzzzz.
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 23, 2009
monkey-na,
Get a life and stop abusing Adebayor.
Henry did the same thing Ade is being crucified for.i.e. celebrate in front of opposing fans.he shouldn't be talking about who has class.
Move on.ade really hurt you guys. grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by dayokanu(m): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2009
See how sober Henry was after scoring Juventus here

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/65168/buffon_aint_got_nothing_on_henry/
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by tkb417(m): 9:58am On Sep 23, 2009
why would i believe anythn tht comes from Henrys mouth?

Arrow!

Ade was wong for stamping RVP-Yeah
was he wrong for celebrating a goal against the same set that booed him? NO

na Arsenal in go die?
hes moved on to greener pastures
no more trophyless seasons from the look of things

lets see who will get a trophy first between Arsenal and Citey

i can place my bet on the latter. . .
we havent heard the last from the sheik
expect RVP to shame Gaynners and join citey next season grin grin grin grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2009
Eastbay:

monkey-na,
Get a life and stop abusing Adebayor.
Henry did the same thing Ade is being crucified for.i.e. celebrate in front of opposing fans.he shouldn't be talking about who has class.
Move on.ade really hurt you guys. grin
sharap dia tongue

face front tongue
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2009
mukina2:

sharap dia tongue

face front tongue
Who has your time?monkey. grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2009
i wont go into a war of words with you tongue

waka and face front tongue
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by HNIC(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
Someone is being called a thief here and some are defending him that he was going to give it to Charity(How do we know this) and even called names of people who have done this before shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I would have sworn that taking things without the owner's permission was wrong.
**Walking off,shaking my head**
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2009
mukina2:

i wont go into a war of words with you tongue

waka and face front tongue
Who wants to talk to you?
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by mukina2: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
who started talking to me in here? grin

i call ur name? grin

this scumtwats sef grin

they can never be honest .

adegoat's relations tongue
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by naso2(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2009
If SWP had not wasted that clear chance ADe created after lining up all those arsenal players, they would have said ade stole Gallas' winning bonus during a training sesson.

Dis people no get shame walahi.

This man will still cause you guys more pain when he comes to Emirate for the reverse fixture. I can place a bet on that.
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Borat1: 11:11am On Sep 24, 2009
With all this humiliation being meted out to ade by gunners, i'm 100% sure ade will dance makossa at the emirates.
RVP is a bloody self-servicer, a hard line hater, and moronic racist. Who gives a shit about him. Not me, no
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by Ibime(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2009
HNIC:

some are defending him that he was going to give it to Charity(How do we know this)

I didnt know that the hatred of Ade causes gaynners to develop cateracts. As the original post says:

yungwun:

When quizzed about the incident, Adebayor's agent Stephane Courbis claimed last night: "At the end of the season it is usual for players to take the materials they will not be using any more.

"A lot of African players take kit back to their country because the facilities and conditions in Africa are not the same as they are in England."

So kudos to Adebayor for swiping the boots for his comrades in Togo!  grin cool

~Borat~:

RVP is a bloody self-servicer, a hard line hater, and moronic racist. Who gives a shit about him. Not me, no

Come on now, RVP is no racist. He's a ghetto boy from Rotterdam who grew up with Morrocans, is married to a Morrocan and is best friends with Mounir El Hamdioui.
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by FBS: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
dayokanu:

See how sober Henry was after scoring Juventus here

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/65168/buffon_aint_got_nothing_on_henry/
hmmm. . .very sober! cheesy grin
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by edoyad(m): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
So that's what the superstitious bas%*#d did ?
The slowpoke was probably bringing the boots back to herbalist to cast a spell on his former teammates. Many of these African players especially the Nigerian ones are real "money miss road"
Re: Adebayor Row With Van Persie Started Over Boots: City Striker Will Drag Van Per by chidichris(m): 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2009
wenger, arsenal and their fans must surely go mad whenever a player refused to be used and dumped like was the case of kanu, campbell, lauren, pires etc.
henry must learn to keep his mouth shut. if he is still remembering arsenal and wenger, why leaving for barca?
ade like wenger is a businessman and must go for better opportunities.
it was just a defeat and everybody is calling for ade's head. what will happen if wenger finish trophiless as usual?
it is normal that whenever a player leaves a club, he does his best to make the club regret loosing him and that is simply what ade did.
wenger sold ade so why is wenger and his fellowers shouting unnecessarily?
eduardo's diving punishment was overturned uefa, why won't fa overturn ade's punishment.
brother ade, no just mind them. go ahead and teach arsenal the lesson of their lives. whenever you meet then, do your best to be man of the match.

(1) (Reply)

The Top 10 World's Biggest Derbies! (Photos) / Arsenal Vs Bolton Wanderers [4 - 1] On Saturday 11th September 2010 / Barcelona Vs Villarreal On Monday 29th,2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.