Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Don't! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Don't! (1015 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't! by RemenZack(f): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Don't cry, they said and he made other people cry. Don't be shy, they warned and he grew up to be a fearful monster.

Don't love too easily, they chanted and he became an emotionless machine.

Don't pet a Child or an animal, they instructed and he killed his own Child with his favourite weapon and feasted on a baby Rabbit.

The "Don'ts" never ended and Okon never stopped at ruining everyone and anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Don't! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
Op, I don't usually comment on literary works cos I'm not much of a critic myself but from the very few works of yours I've read, I especially found the one about a boy engaging his mother in a coversation in a phone emotion-shattering and more interesting, including the one you scripted for the afritalks contest... I make bold to say you're talented and if you fully dedicate your undivided time and zeal to nurture this talent just the way a farmer nurtures a young lily (it's evident you are already on with it), you'll blossom.

One thing: I noticed your works are relatively short, although they still manage to paint the picture of what you want the audience to capture and in essence, are promising to some extent... Lemme stop here.

Kudos to you and all the writers in the house.

Nice job. Keep them coming.

2 Likes

Re: Don't! by Electgineer99: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Always marveled at your literary prowess!

1 Like

Re: Don't! by Babacele: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
RemenZack:
Don't cry, they said and he made other people cry. Don't be shy, they warned and he grew up to be a fearful monster.

Don't love too easily, they chanted and he became an emotionless machine.

Don't pet a Child or an animal, they instructed and he killed his own Child with his favourite weapon and feasted on a baby Rabbit.

The "Don'ts" never ended and Okon never stopped at ruining everyone and anyone.
is Okon a bokoharam?

1 Like

Re: Don't! by RemenZack(f): 3:26am On Aug 06, 2016
Drefan2:
Op, I don't usually comment on literary works cos I'm not much of a critic myself but from the very few works of yours I've read, I especially found the one about a boy engaging his mother in a coversation in a phone emotion-shattering and more interesting, including the one you scripted for the afritalks contest... I make bold to say you're talented and if you fully dedicate your undivided time and zeal to nurture this talent just the way a farmer nurtures a young lily (it's evident you are already on with it), you'll blossom.

One thing: I noticed your works are relatively short, although they still manage to paint the picture of what you want the audience to capture and in essence, are promising to some extent... Lemme stop here.

Kudos to you and all the writers in the house.

Nice job. Keep them coming.
Thank you so much. I appreciate this.
Re: Don't! by RemenZack(f): 3:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Electgineer99:
Always marveled at your literary prowess!
Thanks for reading and commenting. Come again.
Re: Don't! by Whiteee(m): 3:54am On Aug 06, 2016
thumbs up @op

1 Like

Re: Don't! by RemenZack(f): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2016
Whiteee:
thumbs up @op
Thanks. But what does "Op" mean?
Re: Don't! by olanshile2016(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2016
RemenZack:

your stories are always intriguing, nice one
op means you, original poster

1 Like

Re: Don't! by RemenZack(f): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2016
olanshile2016:

your stories are always intriguing, nice one
op means you, original poster
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: Don't! by Whiteee(m): 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
RemenZack:
ure welcome. I suppose u got the meaning already

1 Like

Re: Don't! by drippingink3: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
It's a delight. Your stories get one thinking no matter how short. Will keep coming.

Mention me if you can.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aja 2 (story Of The Dogs) #nlwriters / Poetry: Where Death Dwells And Give Us Hope (A Beggar's Burden) / How dramatic is your mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.