Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

My Colleagues At Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Colleagues At Work (1032 Views)

10 Topics That Should Not Be Discussed With Colleagues At Work / Dear Existing Beneficiaries, Good Morning.how Was Your First Day Back At Work / When You Know That Your Village Witches Are At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Colleagues At Work by Gewezzy1(f): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
I just joined ds company, its not a regular job tho. Since I started working have noticed the behavior of some of my colleagues, like dey give me attitude, fristly am not the kind that looks down on pple, I believe dt nomathr whr you meet yourself, you shld blend because you dont know what help they can do for you., so I noticed the guys gossip a lot like about the girls at the office. The thing is becoming so irritating, none of the girls are dating any of them, well I can say for myself that am not. So why exactly do they gossip. Pardon any gbagaun m vexd
Re: My Colleagues At Work by donbenedict(m): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
All that shouldn't bother you..
Re: My Colleagues At Work by Gewezzy1(f): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
Its really annoying, n its not like dey aren't grown ups at least maybe one wd be in his late 20s none is above 20 yet n yet so immature like so immature.
Re: My Colleagues At Work by obajoey(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
mehn exactly what I am facing right now, though the lady in question joined the company before me, but in job level, I am a senior staff while she is a junior staff. Come and see attitude, and is not that I am so gentle like that oo, but I have planned to frustrate her attitude with smile and silence.
Re: My Colleagues At Work by addictedwriter(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
I understand the pain of the Op...but on a serious note office gossips can be damn frustrating, though am yet to start working, but from my frequent visits to interviews, I notice its almost everywhere.. just like the guy above me said, kill them with silence and laughter.

1 Like

Re: My Colleagues At Work by Gewezzy1(f): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
M really trying really hard, Cs its not healthy for me working in such environment. N its not like I dnt relate wt dm, I guess its wrong right to be nice. N my kind of job is the type dt our work intertwines its not like it different department or office.
Re: My Colleagues At Work by danaiks(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
addictedwriter:
I understand the pain of the Op...but on a serious note office gossips can be damn frustrating, though am yet to start working, but from my frequent visits to interviews, I notice its almost everywhere.. just like the guy above me said, kill them with silence and laughter.
Like this poster I think the best thing is to smile and give them the silence treatment. If their unfriendliness interferes with how you do your job, that can be a bigger problem. Either way, you still have to deal with them, so try to make the best of it, rather than the worst. Remember, they aren't your family, they aren't your friends, they're just the people you have to tolerate from 9-5(or which ever time u all spend at work), and then you go home and they're out of your life. Don't allow them to take up any more mental or emotional space than that.

1 Like

Re: My Colleagues At Work by Gewezzy1(f): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
danaiks:

Like this poster I think the best thing is to smile and give them the silence treatment. If their unfriendliness interferes with how you do your job, that can be a bigger problem. Either way, you still have to deal with them, so try to make the best of it, rather than the worst. Remember, they aren't your family, they aren't your friends, they're just the people you have to tolerate from 9-5(or which ever time u all spend at work), and then you go home and they're out of your life. Don't allow them to take up any more mental or emotional space than that.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate, all i av to do now is Tolerate dm.

(1) (Reply)

Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment / Graduate Assistant At Obafemi Awolowo University / Administrative Support Officers At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.