Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) (511 Views)

Testimony: God Save My Wife From Death And Made Me Rich / Dog Praised As a Hero For Saving A 3-year-old Girl From Death(see Details) / MOMENTS FROM DEATH Chilling Final Selfie Of Mum-of-two Who Died Seconds Afterwar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by LagosSeventhSon(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Seven months ago this lady joined our company and she was introduced by the HR to everybody in the office. She has this calm personalty, everybody liked her pretty face so they gave her unnecessary attention. I too tried to spark up conversation a couple of times but my mind kept telling me there is something creepy about her; so I stopped  the unnecessary conversation except anything that has to do with office work.

2 months and some days after she joined the team, she calls me after work hours on the office CUG line which enables staff to talk to each other for free. She calls immediately after work hours and sometimes in the night; most times we talk about office work. One day after a stressful day , she sent me a text that she needed a ride home. I didn't reply the text,but she followed up with a call begging me to please drop her at home that her car was faulty. I played the good samaritan, I took her home.

The next day, she called around 5AM begging  me to come and pick her again. This I declined, telling her to call a Taxi instead. She got to work late and the whole office noticed. Her supervisor even shouted at her, it was a bad day for her. I didn't even look at her face throughout that day. 2 days later, we were paired to execute a project together by the management team. Because of the project at hand, had to apologise to her to enable a work flow between both parties. She said she wasn't offended at all. Then the whole bond between us started. We spend a lot of time after work, weekends we go to the movies together. We concluded the project and it was a success but the late night calls continued, we hung out together secretly and talked about life. One Friday, after several drinks we kissed and touched each other everywhere. After that day, I stopped picking her calls or replying her text messages.

She tried everything possible to get my attention, she finally succeeded when she told the management team how creative I was during our previous project. The management decided to pair us together on more projects. We started dating some days after, after work we would drive somewhere and have a good time, we were both happy. I told her I didn't want anything serious and she agreed. She started cooking, bringing snacks to the office for me, after a while, I returned the favour by ordering Pizza and Cup cakes . If she doesn't text or call in a day, I get worried. Some weeks later we started talking about the kind of partner we would both like to have. She told me Instantly that she liked me a lot, that I have the full package of her ideal husband. Sincerely I saw that coming but I didn't want anything serious. I told her my mind, told her that she is really beautiful but I don't deserve her. That day she cried like a baby, then I couldn't even point out why a lady in her late twenties don't have a serious relationship. I started avoiding her again, all of a sudden the whole office started giving me this negative attitude.

One afternoon I sparked up a conversation with her and I noticed everything came back to normal. The day I buy her cup cakes, i get this positive energy from everyone through out that period. Other management staff would praise me fo things I have been doing that nobody noticed during the 3 year I spent in the organisation. I was due for a promotion.

*************Thank you for reading guys, please feel free to correct me for any grammatical errors. Feedback is necessary abeg. I want to continue this true life story please encourage me.************
Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by ojay2053(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
We are following bro.

1 Like

Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by jopretty(f): 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
Carefully following.

1 Like

Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by LagosSeventhSon(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thanks @Olajay2053 and @Jopretty, I really appreciate. Will continue shortly!
Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by jopretty(f): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Patiently waiting.
LagosSeventhSon:
Thanks @Olajay2053 and @Jopretty, I really appreciate. Will continue shortly!

1 Like

Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by yanshDoctor: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
dreams of fantasy is always good for the brain. but be careful as scientific researches has proving a thin-line between madness and fantasy dreaming. fantasy dreams are not night dreams when you are unconscious is sleeping but a day light dreaming.

be careful kid. anyway it was a nice fantasy dreaming.
Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by LagosSeventhSon(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Yansh Doctor, although I don't understand what you have just typed but thanks anyways
Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by LagosSeventhSon(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
*******cont*****

A new director joined the management team and he was feared because he showed everybody he was bringing his own team on board. At this point we all had to buckle up in other not to get fired. Everyone due for promotion wouldn't even talk about the subject. I personally prayed more and gave in my best at work, at this point I didn't want any distraction. All of a sudden the new director started showing support towards my department. He would call me after work to hang out, I knew he was searching for information so I was really carefull. 

The lady on the other hand wouldn't stop calling this period. When I pick her call I try to be carefull of what I say infront of this new boss. I knew he had a mission, which is to get information about everybody in the organisation and I wasn't that type. When he noticed I wouldn't say much, he starts advising me about marriage. He says he wants me to marry soon, he likes my personalty and the way I carry myself. In my mind I knew he wasn't real, how come this guy that everybody feared is trying to be nice to me. I told some of my friends in other industry and they all agreed I should  go with the flow and learn how to play his card. He was obviously been political. Before I present anything to the management, I now show him everything. He would criticise and sometimes condem the whole project and tell me to start again. I spend more hours at work now, sometimes I work weekends. I was working overtime, I was getting too much stress but I continued to do my work diligently. 

However, this lady on the other hand was not happy we were not seeing as often as before. One day I told her about my work load, how I am been asked to restart a project from the beginning when I have gotten to the conclusion stage. Now I have to work with new vendors I don't know, members of my team were given works out of their job description. The fun we usually have while working turned into something else, we were all working under tension. All these I explained to her and she said she was going through the same thing in her department. After the conversation, we both agreed to go see a popular comedy show at EKO hotel and suites just to unwind that Friday. During the show I tried to laugh but when I remember office work and the pressure I was going through lately, I knew all I needed was rest. I had lost weight drastically.  After the show, while walkingg to the car park we saw some of our colleagues at work, we tried to avoid them but they saw us too early. Two ladies and a guy. We exchanged pleasantries and one of the ladies suggested we go to the club since its already late that she already told her parents she was going for Night vigil. I declined and explained to them I needed some rest. The other guy pushed and that was how we went clubbing that night. We all drank cognac and red bull; it was a very interesting night. While driving her home, she professed more love for me and everything got tensed up. I parked infront of her gate and we kissed for up to 30 minutes in the car.

Hello Guys, hope you are enjoying the story. Please tag your friends,invite more people to criticise. I am trying to improve my writing skills. Thank you!
Re: Micro Seconds Away From Death (Fiction) by masseratti: 1:55am On Aug 06, 2016
Is this fiction or non fiction, cos Your topic is like nollywood and its getting too long already.

(1) (Reply)

See Photo Of Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Enjoying Kenyan Traditional Food / / IKEDC And It's Excesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.