Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up (14779 Views)

American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump / Lagos City Marathon: Organisers Alert On Road Closure Plans / Nigerian And Colombian Teams Land In Sao Paulo Ahead Of Their Olympic Clash.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by melakes(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Plz, is any local tv station in Lagos showing the match?
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by daclint(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
That yellow one be like

Where the dj wey dey mix this kin tune?
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Team Nigeria has been given a kind of treatment that's not even befitting for the worst criminal on earth.

Planet Incompetence and Planet Nigerian ministry of Sport must definitely be orbiting the same solar system (though this National anthem mix up is not their fault)

But even prior to this incidence, the morale of the athletes ought to have been completely blown to smithereens by the actions and inactions of the ministry of Sport, which sadly is under the leadership of a clueless, confuzzled Neanderthal that goes by the name Solomon Da-JUNK—a sport minister that apparently knows nought about sports.

From lack of interest shown during the buildup to the Olympics, to putting off of the 'inadequate' funds that were eventually doled out—some athletes are actually sponsoring themselves, can you believe that?— to the Atlanta debacle, to the "clothing" that Team Nigeria were supposed to be arrayed in not making it to Rio, and now this?

If I had the slightest predilection towards woo-woo beliefs I would have attributed the avalanche of woes befalling us to the principalities of this world—what Yorubas call ''awon aye ati awon iya oshoronga"

I would like to implore all of our athletes out there in Rio to soldier on regardless—especially those that are underpaid or haven't been paid at all, and those whose patriotism is being taken advantage of, I want them to remember that Per aspera ad astra: Through hardships to the stars.

I still believe we can make something good out of this Bermuda Triangle of misfortunes—if our boys, despite the jet lag and despite making it to Rio only 2 hours to kick off could still take Japan to the cleaners, then we stand a chance of winning a mouthful of medals this time around.

And I still believe those boys should receieve extra match bonuses for that win against Japan, and Solomon Dalong should be investigated and if possibly, prosecuted. His affiliation with Buhari or APC should not make him a sacred cow.

1 Like

Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Sfvalentine(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
Chidexter:
Arrant nonsense. I pray they mix up the medals and give us gold instead.

Instead of what?
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Lionofdjungle: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
No problem, it isn't your fault. It's simply because Nigeria is under curses. That is why our contingents couldn't arrive on time, that is why a whole minister of sports referred to USA as the United States of Nigeria, that is why another anthem was played for Nigeria, that is why a dollar has risen to #400, that is why many states can't pay their workers salaries... The list is endless
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by MCeeShort(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
I remember that Tunisia 2004 nonsense vividly.
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Sirnose(m): 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
onohme:
shocked y is the keeper's hand on his.......u know d rest :-
you are a badt geh...so of all the tinz on d pix,you only noticed the keeper holding his....it probably felt heavy after hearing the wrong anthem...
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Sirnose(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
onohme:
shocked y is the keeper's hand on his.......u know d rest :-
you are a badt geh...so of all the tinz on d pix,you only noticed the keeper holding his....it probably was at attention for the anthem,only to be disappointed wen it heard the wrong tune and went limp again...ma opinion tho..
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Sirdy48(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
olaniyi0:
that last guy was like... eh, bros abeg when did 9ja change anthem?
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Ayatullah(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
The Brazilian official designated to press the button for Nigeria National anthem must have been a regular visitor to Nigeria social media websites where he must have seen people from Nigeria calling the country Naija so maybe he got confused and that is why he mistakenly pressed the Niger republic national anthem for Nigeria.

I remember the late brilliant and patriotic information minister Dora Akunyili warned us to stop calling Nigeria Naija! Now we don see shocked am.
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by onohme(f): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
grin its not my fault na its just dat pink is an attractive colour
Sirnose:

you are a badt geh...so of all the tinz on d pix,you only noticed the keeper holding his....it probably was at attention for the anthem,only to be disappointed wen it heard the wrong tune and went limp again...ma opinion tho..
Re: Olympic Organisers Apologise To Nigeria Over Anthem Mix-up by Sirnose(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2016
onohme:
grin its not my fault na its just dat pink is an attractive colour
hhhmm..you re indirectly saying pink is your best colour...thats why you could notice only goal keeper...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al Ahly Wins African Champions League Final First Leg With Help Of VAR / Ighalo Blasts Critics Over Super Eagles Comeback / Brighton Score Late Equaliser To Draw At Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.