Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) (9030 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 11:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
Skinnienigga:
Good job bro. I just want to start mine, pls what insecticides or pesticides did you use for the land preparation before planting? Thanks

I did not use any insecticides or pesticides for land preparation since the seed is already treated.i feel all hybrid seeds are treated.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Skinnienigga(m): 11:38am On Sep 13, 2016
cybergee:

I did not use any insecticides or pesticides for land preparation since the seed is already treated.i feel all hybrid seeds are treated.

OK that's true. Thanks. I just acquired 2 plots of land and I want to start immediately with cucumber farming, The NPK was applied after planting abi?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Skinnienigga:

OK that's true. Thanks. I just acquired 2 plots of land and I want to start immediately with cucumber farming, The NPK was applied after planting abi?
I used chicken dropping after planting.i am planing to use foliar fertilizer at this fruiting stage.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Skinnienigga(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
cybergee:

I used chicken dropping after planting.i am planing to use foliar fertilizer at this fruiting stage.

OK great. I am going to use poultry dropping first then others would follow after planting. Thanks Bros
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
Day 37
I need to apply more manure at this stage.just discovered cucumber eat alot

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
39th day pix,will start harvesting on monday

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by adescopy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Bro, i appreciate ur sharing this experience with us and i known ur effort is crowned already. pls i employ u to share a step by step procedure frm land preparation to harvesting with marketing on this tread. thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by enomakos(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
cybergee:
I bought a Thai seed, 50 grams for 6000.
how many seeds are in the 50g pack?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
enomakos:
how many seeds are in the 50g pack?
I don't know how many? But a 50g pack can take care of 1 plot.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by enomakos(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
cybergee:

I don't know how many? But a 50g pack can take care of 1 plot.
how much for the 50g pack?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
enomakos:
how much for the 50g pack?
Read this thread from the beginning,you will know the cost and the address of the sellers.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by enomakos(m): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
cybergee:

Read this thread from the beginning,you will know the cost and the address of the sellers.
ok thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by asikac: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2016
cybergee:

Yes Ezinwa25 is right.Most high breed seeds can take 30 days but the particular one I'm cultivating is 37-47 days.
. Can I have your contact so u can guide me on how to start cucumber cultivation. I have a piece of land in Benin that I wish to use for this purpose.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
asikac:
. Can I have your contact so u can guide me on how to start cucumber cultivation. I have a piece of land in Benin that I wish to use for this purpose.
victoretudoratyahoodotcom
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by jstemmanex(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
Xup bro, hw was ur harvest
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Great! We thank God.we will be doing another on Wednesday.i think every 3days
jstemmanex:
Xup bro, hw was ur harvest
I will be uploading picture soon.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by jstemmanex(m): 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alryt, kindly help wit d no. of bags harvest frm what expanse of land. I am trin to compare d yield wit trelis nd without.
All the best bro

cybergee:
Great! We thank God.we will be doing another on Wednesday.i think every 3days

I will be uploading picture soon.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
I give God all the glory for the help and also to thank my nairaland mentors,not forgetting those following this thread.
I did first harvest and the second and I'm so happy even though I was disappointed when I was swindled by market women,the first day of my sale.
I sold a bag for 2300 but I swear never to go to them again unless I can sell upscale.
I went to places, I discovered some upscale eatery buy in kg and 1 I eventually had a deal buys for 200/kg

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by heatflux: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2016
cybergee:
I give God all the glory for the help and also to thank my nairaland mentors,not forgetting those following this thread.
I did first harvest and the second and I'm so happy even though I was disappointed when I was swindled by market women,the first day of my sale.
I sold a bag for 2300 but I swear never to go to them again unless I can sell upscale.
I went to places, I discovered some upscale eatery buy in kg and 1 I eventually had a deal buys for 200/kg
No pictures to share?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by jstemmanex(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
jstemmanex:
Alryt, kindly help wit d no. of bags harvest frm what expanse of land. I am trin to compare d yield wit trelis nd without.
All the best bro

Still expectin d info bro
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Even though late,i have to show this and when I have time.i will sharing a number of things I have learnt as im preparing to do more in the coming months.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Munzy14(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2016
cybergee:
Even though late,i have to show this and when I have time.i will sharing a number of things I have learnt as im preparing to do more in the coming months.
very nice. he who work must chop.#thumbsup#

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by SenseiAri: 12:35am On Oct 27, 2016
Nice work! Congratulation and more success to you.

How often did you apply your pesticide? and what foliar fertilizer did you use?

Please i sent you mail, help to reply. Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
SenseiAri:
Nice work! Congratulation and more success to you.

How often did you apply your pesticide? and what foliar fertilizer did you use?

Please i sent you mail, help to reply. Thanks.
i use maxi force.God favoured me no attack, so not applying pesticide now. i will check my mail.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Pavore9: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
cybergee:

i use maxi force.God favoured me no attack, so not applying pesticide now. i will check my mail.

You have conquered cucumber, we await your facing cabbages! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
Pavore9:

You have conquered cucumber, we await your facing cabbages! cheesy cheesy
Wow!my teacher,i have learnt alot from you and Jasper.i'm so happy to see your post.Right now,my nursery for cabbage and tomatoes are doing well.thanks so much for paving the way.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Pavore9: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
cybergee:

Wow!my teacher,i have learnt alot from you and Jasper. i'm so happy to see your post.Right now,my nursery for cabbage and tomatoes are doing well.thanks so much for paving the way.

So happy growing such veggies is being demystified by the day. Within the next 18 months growing a crop like Strawberries in the South will spread as "something" is being worked on. cool

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Pavore9:

So happy growing such veggies is being demystified by the day. Within the next 18 months growing a crop like Strawberries in the South will spread as "something" is being worked on. cool
I have been doing research on strawberries but my challenge is the market sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by Pavore9: 5:08am On Oct 30, 2016
cybergee:

I have been doing research on strawberries but my challenge is the market sir.
l think the challenge should rather be achieving good harvest not the market! lt is a high value crop and sells premium!
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by mfm04622: 8:57am On Oct 30, 2016
Pavore9:

If you are looking for partners or investors, please contact me
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by tomdon(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Very good job
Weldone OP
Re: My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) by cybergee(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
tomdon:
Very good job
Weldone OP
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG To Hold Ileya Edition Of Eko Farmers’ Market On July 26 / Surplus Strawberry In Plateau, Few Buyers. / What Is The Yoruba Name For Fenugreek Seed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.