Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigerians In Jamaica - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Jamaica (19118 Views)

Looking To Meet African Living In Jamaica / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / How There Anybody Here Who Live In Jamaica? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 5:03am On Sep 23, 2009
I just moved to Montego Bay, Jamaica last week on official assignment, and I would be staying here for a while. This place is quite a lovely place. Thanks to Nollywood, Nigeria home videos are very popular here.

Please I want to know and meet any nairalander here in Jamaica especially those in Montego Bay. Am feeling lonely already as I have not been interacting with any of my countrymen. (This is the 1st time I will stay a week in a country without meeting a Nigerian) But am sure you guys are here, so show up.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by ichommy(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2009
lol grin
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by topgun(m): 12:30am On Sep 28, 2009
theres an association of nigerians in jam there will be a gathering next week in mo bay @ westgate to celebrate independence, call this no and introduce urself +1876******
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 2:42am On Sep 28, 2009
topgun:

theres an association of nigerians in jam there will be a gathering next week in mo bay @ westgate to celebrate independence, call this no and introduce urself +*********

Thanks Topgun. I called the number, guess what? the guy was actually around where am staying at the time of the call. We were able to meet almost immediately. infact there is a Nigerian living almost accross my house and I never knew. By the way, do you live around here?

Once again thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by janykute: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2009
You see,i was about telling you to move out from that place if you dont see a nigerian in the next couple of days but now that you have seen them that means its habitable.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
janykute:

You see,i was about telling you to move out from that place if you dont see a nigerian in the next couple of days but now that you have seen them that means its habitable.

Thanks Janykute. I kenew Nigerians will be here, just didnt know how to locate them. Beside I knew there are so many of us in the capital Kingston, was only looking for those in Montego Bay.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by topgun(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
i work @ crh, if u show 4 d independence meet we may jam there, no wahala, enjoy man.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 12:44am On Sep 29, 2009
@ topgun

I will see you there. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by Guylan(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Poster

Can you post more airlines that fly this route? Once you have a Jamaican entrance visa, is South African and Brazilian transit visa a requirement to fly this route. Will appreciate your reply. smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 3:12am On Sep 30, 2009
Guylan:

@ Poster

Can you post more airlines that fly this route? Once you have a Jamaican entrance visa, is South African and Brazilian transit visa a requirement to fly this route. Will appreciate your reply. smiley smiley

No, you don’t need transit visa to fly any of the routes. But you need to have your confirmed tickets all the way to your final destination- Jamaica. Please note that there is no direct flight from Brazil to Jamaica. If you must avoid US flights and go through route that are transit visa free, your best bet (shortest) is to travel from Brazil to Jamaica through Panama with Copa airline. My advice is. Get a good flight agent tell them about the routes and the airlines, they will confirm it for you. Also check all the routes online yourself.

Hey! I must tell you I didn’t come to Jamaica through this route (came in via UK), but some people have. It’s a long journey and might cost you a little more than going through Europe and US. But if you like adventure, you will enjoy it. One other thing, You must monitor your luggage at each transit point after you have already check it down to Jamaica while you are leaving Nigeria.

Again I want to say. Confirm from the airlines and reputable flight agents. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 3:21am On Sep 30, 2009
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by Guylan(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2009
[table]No, you don’t need transit visa to fly any of the routes. But you need to have your confirmed tickets all the way to your final destination.[/table]

Thanks for the useful info.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by omega25red(m): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
i was in jamaica on vacation early this year you should go to negril to do the zip line and the ski lift. Also there is this hot in mo bay called grand lido braco they have a nude beach there if you ever wanted to see one. One last thing there is this strip club called shades it's a must on tuesday and thursdays. Drink lots of red stripe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
omega25red:

i was in jamaica on vacation early this year you should go to negril to do the zip line and the ski lift. Also there is this hot in mo bay called grand lido braco they have a nude beach there if you ever wanted to see one. One last thing there is this strip club called shades it's a must on tuesday and thursdays. Drink lots of red stripe.

Omega25red my guy, I hail u. cheesy cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by ajokuijeo: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
yes bro jamaica is so sweet i came in here last year
am now married to a jamaican woman
first i found it very difficult
getting my visa i was denied the first time i applied not until
i was directed to toogoodtravels abuja
the got me the visa and the also routed me without a transit tru that brazil route
incase you find it diffucult get ur visa call them 08035969519 i recommend them
am in kingston are u still in jam or gone hit me so we can meet bye
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
ajoku ijeo:

yes bro jamaica is so sweet i came in here last year
the got me the visa and the also routed me without a transit tru that brazil route
incase you find it diffucult get your visa call them 08035969519 i recommend them

Sorry if I don’t believe you. You have just 3 posts before now and all the 3 posts are some kind of an advert for toogood travels in Abuja. 1st you were in Malaysia with your wife arranged by toogood travels, then your brother going to Bahamas had to get a Sierra Leone  passport and Bahamas visa from the same toogood travels and now toogood travels again arranged your visa and flights to Jamaica.

You sound like a toogood scammer agent.

If you are truly in Jamaica, post your phone number and address.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by Davedavy: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2009
ajoku ijeo:

yes bro jamaica is so sweet  i came in here last year
incase you find it diffucult get your visa call them 08035969519 i recommend them

lol,this guy na munmum,you no even sabi scam,today u dey jamaica,tomorrow you dey Malaysia all through toogood.Bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by photoa: 4:07am On Sep 17, 2010
anyone here still in Jamaica? I just moved to Mo Bay.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 4:13am On Sep 17, 2010
photoa:

anyone here still in Jamaica? I just moved to Mo Bay.

tell me about yourself. When did you get to Jamaica? have met any Nigerian?
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by photoa: 4:18am On Sep 17, 2010
no, havent met any nigerians. moved here for work. been here just a few days tho so i will give i'm gonna give it a couple of days
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 4:19am On Sep 17, 2010
let me have a name and number if you have any, am gonna ask someone - a nigerian in Mobay to call you.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by photoa: 4:32am On Sep 17, 2010
yea not so smart to post my number on a website huh. what's ur email? i'll send it there
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 4:45am On Sep 17, 2010
ok. send it to editted

You can always edit/modify your post after a while. so you dont leave vital information longer than necessary.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by kadman(m): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2010
OAM4J,

Nice posts, please can you like me know if Jamaica is visa free from UK ? (Nigerian passport). Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2010
kadman:

OAM4J,

Nice posts, please can you like me know if Jamaica is visa free from UK ? (Nigerian passport). Thanks

No it is not. You need to apply for a visa, but shouldn't have problem getting one cos it is a tourist destination/friendly.

Also your travel agent from UK might be able to help you procure it.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by kadman(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2010
OAM4J:

No it is not. You need to apply for a visa, but shouldn't have problem getting one cos it is a tourist destination/friendly.

Also your travel agent from UK might be able to help you procure it.

Thanks you, but I guess I'll have to apply directly to the embassy as I buy my tickets online. I'm thinking of visiting there pre-xmas.
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by omega25red(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2010
kadman:

OAM4J,

i think it will be easy since you are in the uk it would be even easier if you had your permanent residence papers in the uk (dont know your situation thats why i wrote if you had) because i remember when i was still holding my green card in the u.s and i wanted to go to costa rica. I was given a visa in two days because i had my green card and i wasn't questioned. The only thing was i was patted down at the airport in costa rica due to the green passport lol i was also insulted by an ignorant immigration officer in texas due to that same green pali anyway good luck if you do go to JA please tell us about your trip

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by Bossman(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2010
Yeah! Mo Bay is really nice. I was at the Grand Palladium resort for vacation with my family in April for 7 days. There has to be quite a few Nigerians there. At the resort, one of the employees had a Nigerian doctor, another lady said she knows at least 2 Nigerians working at the resort. So, it's just a matter of time before you meet more Naija's. BTW, Montego Bay is mostly a tourist destination though, compared to say Kingston, which will certainly have more Naijas. Really liked MO Bay. Also, took a trip to Negril, which is only 45 minutes away. &-mile beach, Rick's Cafe, etc. are some places to check out there. Again, Negril, Mo Bay, are all major tourist destinations. In fact, I believe they are the # 1 and #2 tourist destinations in Jamaica. So, majority of the jobs there will be tourism related.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by reucom: 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
OM4J are you still here in Jamaica and which church do you attend
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 3:29am On Nov 15, 2010
reucom:

OM4J are you still here in Jamaica and which church do you attend

am always in and out. I attended a church called Church on the Rock and later attended Redeemed Church.

Are you in Montego bay, Jamaica?
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by reucom: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
Yes am in montego. What do you mean you are in and out? I know both churches here in montego bay. I am connected with Youth with a mission not far from church on the rock in Reading and i have seen the redeemed church in Union street i believe. What do you do
Re: Nigerians In Jamaica by OAM4J: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2010
reucom:

Yes am in montego. What do you mean you are in and out? I know both churches here in montego bay. I am connected with Youth with a mission not far from church on the rock in Reading and i have seen the redeemed church in Union street i believe. What do you do

in and out means I come and leave Jamaica/Montego every now and then. i work for an International org. cannot be more detailed here. but feel free to leave your contacts if you want me to say hi when next am around Montego.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Railway Project: Lagos To Close Akanni Doherty Street / 500 Nigerians Lose Jobs As UAE Declines Renewal Of Work Visas / Bridge Linking Gombe, Adamawa & Borno Has Been Damaged (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.