Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria (2724 Views)

Arik Air Shuts Down As Unions Protest N12.4bn Debt It Owed FAAN / Air Peace To Fly Directly To China / All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by kok(m): 6:16am On Sep 23, 2009
Preparatory to a planned strike, two Nigerian aviation unions on Tuesday disclosed that they have warned their foreign associates not to fly into the country as from today, stressing that any aircraft that flies into Nigeria will do so at its "own peril".

The unions, composed of employees of various agencies at the airport, are the National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE), and the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSSAN).

"The situation tomorrow (today) will be too bad, it will be just too bad tomorrow in the industry," Sefiyanu Mohammed, the NUATE president, said, on Tuesday, at the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos.

"We have now informed all our international affiliates including WFTU (the World Federation of Trade Union), ITF (the International Transport Forum), as well as others that no aircraft should fly into Nigerian airspace, if they do that, they do it at their own peril."

Mr. Mohammed said that the union is not going back on its decision to embark on an indefinite strike.

"With the kind of reactions that I am seeing from members, I don't think the Union will compromise its stand. That will never happen. You will see it with your eyes," he said.

The president of ATSSSAN, Benjamin Okewu, last Sunday, declared that employees in the aviation sector will begin the strike today.

The unions are protesting against the handover of the General Aviation Terminal at the Murtala Muhammed Airport to Bi-Courtney Aviation Services, stressing that the handover is not legal and not included in the concession agreement signed between the Federal Government and the company.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5462661-147/story.csp
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by FBS: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2009
Nigeria! Strike after strike. wtf?
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by okeey(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2009
why all this in nigeria
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2009
I am loving this tongue
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by skfa1: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
Na wah for naija o, if no be Iyalaje strike , e go be iyalojo strike.
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by denony(m): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
ASUU has been on strike for months now
while our president went to Saudi Arabia to unvail a new University
while his Universities are still on strike, what a shame.  angry

now the Aviation going on strike
who knows whose next
maybe Nigerian Port Authority

THINGS ARE GETTING  WORST EVERYDAY
But is strike the only solution?
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by denony(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
it's better i leave Naija for Cotonou
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by toideve(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
from one strike to another, soon we nairalanders will go on strike too, awon were!
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by asha80(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2009
denony:

You are not being patriotic lipsrsealed
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by denony(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ asha 80
so i should sit back and patronize the strike hitter and titter huh ?
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by azeeza(f): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
i taya 4 naija,soon market woman go join cry
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by denony(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
Me self i wan join the strike
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by hbrednic: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
denony:

hit the road jack,nothing do you
dont forget to bring me one tokumbo even if u will be coming back in 10yrs time.
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by teemyfab: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
Denomy pls dont mind asha maybe is one of them
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by Nezan(m): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigerians are a very unserious bunch. One will not go to the office but expect to be paid for all the months he was on strike.
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by 1forall: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
I cry for my beloved country sad
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by denony(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
teemyfab:

Denomy pls dont mind asha maybe is one of them

i no send am and him patriotism
patriotic my foot angry
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
asha was being sarcastic
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2009
Thugs and idiots
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by kayc33(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2009
i weep for my country cry
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by hackney(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
That rubbish better end before Dec.
That dustbin.

mshwwwweeww!!!
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by violent(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
@hackney
December? thts way too long dnt u think. a lota business would have crippled by then. i guess Nigerians have to travel down to ghana before taking any flight, wht a country
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by aaidel(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2009
every tom dick and harry wants to go strike cant they seek legal redress in court na so so strike rubbish
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by Ultrame(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
Which level
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by platinumnk(f): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2009
This is only the begining. . .

The buildup for 2011 cool
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by yomitesp(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
Alternatively - ;
Go to Lome or Cotonou then get a cabbie to take you to your final destination in Nigeria. , F**ked up country !!!
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by kayality: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2009
Prostitute we also go on strike one day in Nigeria, Belief me guy
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by Goldmind1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
Good to hear that. Atleast this artificial country will soon crumble.
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by Builder: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2009
As long as internet cafe no strike nothing concern me, man gat to chop dollar
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by OvieE: 1:58am On Sep 24, 2009
I only feel sorry for family members that still live in that country. Nigeria is out of reach as for now. May God help them.
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by daguru(m): 2:15am On Sep 24, 2009
I beg baba Satan this morning make him let Nigerian Customs Strike. At least ill be able to flood the Nigerian market with Fake Drugs and Stuffs. Together we shall burn down Nigeria. That is what happens when 95 % of Nigerians have lost hope in Mother Land.

Abeg Help me Say Amen grin
Re: Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria by 1forall: 2:53am On Sep 24, 2009
Uhum. . . couldnt help but R.O.T.F.L.M.A.O at builder and daguru's posts.

Perspectives meen! cool undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For Students Coming To The UK: My Experience Shared / 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' / Where In Europe Can I Study With 3 Million Naira For My Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.