Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba (13879 Views)

Careers For Graduate With Degree In Banking And Finance / Sturdy At The London School Of Commerce / London School Ef Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by iyke199(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2009
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Please I welcome your valuable opinion about London School of Business & Finance(LSBF) MBA. This MBA is offered by LSBF in co-ordination with Grenoble Graduate business school, Grenoble, France. Please help me in deciding this career move. I like this feedback before taking any steps in paying the fees and investing huge amount of time.

Thanks and Regards
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by dork: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2009
Hi
before i place an objective view i wud like to ask wat ur other alternatives are? do u have some1 already in the sch?
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by candylips(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2009
its a rubbish school
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by iyke199(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
Hi Dork,

I don't have anybody already in the school. For now, i don't have any other alternative. Why? What d you think of the school?

@Candylips

Why did you say it's a rubbish school?
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by DisGuy: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2009
looks like one of those mushroom colleges by Pakistani/Indian
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by candylips(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2009
looks like one of those mushroom colleges by Pakistani/Indian

GBAM !!!
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by seunallday: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2009
ow is LSBF a rubbish school
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by candylips(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2009
plz ask again
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Goldmann(m): 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
LSBF is crappy and honestly I do not think it is worth the investment, For crying out loud, if you are gonna do something as significant as an MBA, do it in a good school, Put in your best in your application and you will get in cos' an MBA isn't all about grades, Good schools are expensive I know, but if you are determined to study abroad then by all means, try to obtain these finances and go to a solid school.

It is just my opinion and it is in no way valid or proven but I also believe London School of Business and Finance is just a very cheap imitation of the prestigious London Business School which was ranked no. 1 for its full time MBA by the Financial Times in 2009.

And yes, I do know people affiliated with both schools, (1) My mediocre former secondary school classmate who is presently in LSBF.
and (2) The GM of a highly profitable U.K Based Oil and Gas firm that does business in Nigeria who is an alumnus of LBS.

Ok I know these two examples are too narrow to base a decision on; they simply are not representative enough, Furthermore, one is a student while the other is an alumnus, not, not exactly comparable, i totally agree. All the same, what I said prior to the examples is just my honest advice man, Give yourself the best chance in life, DO NOT ATTEND A MEDIOCRE SCHOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by candylips(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2009
^^^ nuff said
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by emgee: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2009
Looks like someone just came up with subjective answers to the question. LSBF is a Tier 4 Sponsor. It's issues certificates on behalf of accredited institutions. That is what education is all about at the end of the day, good tutoring and accredited certificates. Go for it mate - wish I could, but I checked their website and other references.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by BSH(m): 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
Why LSBF? Go for LBS if the finance is there.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by DisGuy: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2009
emgee:

Looks like someone just came up with subjective answers to the question. LSBF is a Tier 4 Sponsor. It's issues certificates on behalf of accredited institutions. That is what education is all about at the end of the day, good tutoring and accredited certificates. Go for it mate - wish I could, but I checked their website and other references.

It's better to go to those institutions themselves

1 Like

Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by latch(m): 5:57am On Oct 10, 2009
@BSH , you dont just jump up and go to LBS cos you can afford it. Theres a tedious admission process involved, wich includes loads of essays and one on one interviews etc , you really need to convince them to admit you
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by montelik(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2010
As if it easy to enter LBS. It is not as simple as you wanting to go there, they are also have to want to accept you.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Sagamite(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
emgee:

*Shakes head slowly*

*And just continues to shake head*
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by ubiaru(f): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2010
How sure are you?do you have proves?
Thanks all the same.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Sagamite(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2010
ubiaru:

Thanks all the same.

When someone tells you that you would obtain an [size=18pt]MBA[/size] in ONE WEEK, something that takes up to 2 years in good schools, you don't smell rat? You cannot even get a Diploma in Business in one week.

Then the person now put sugar on top am that "this is a fast track senior management programme for the high performance managers,business executives, coy directors", you honestly need any more proof than common sense?

Which mooooronic high performance director would go and do a one week MBA, not even in Harvard, LBS etc (if it was feasible) but in LSBF? Is it the Senior Director of Vulcanizing in Broda mi Wasiu and co Mechanic Workshop or is it the Director of Re-wiring?

1 Like

Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by ubiaru(f): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sagamite,
I believe you.Thanks alot.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
ubiaru:

Sagamite,
I believe you.Thanks alot.

No probs.

Please which thread did you see the advert? I am in the mood for trouble, I feel like flogging the poster.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by ubiaru(f): 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
I guess its careers or Education
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by ttmacoy: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
LSBF is a mediocre college with affilations to schools such as Grenoble Business School.

It all depends on what you want to do with the MBA, if you want to enter high profile areas such as investment banking etc, forget it. if you want to use it to work for small companies with lesseser restrictions and thats what you can afford then its ok.

but personally, for an MBA, its better tou go to a prestigious school in the likes of LBS, Oxford Said, Cambridge Judges etc.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by kayeyes: 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2010
what about lagos business school for MBA? is it good??
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by bm10aso: 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2011
Attending some of the prestigious schools like LBS can be pretty expensive, and as rightly put, the admission process is quite rigorous. My advice would be to settle for a school that has some form of notable accreditation (I believe LSBF hasn't any). the three most prominent accreditations are AMBA, AACSB & EFMD EQUIS.
LBS, Oxford and the rest of the high flyers are good, however it all boils down to what you make of your degree. That said it is still advisable to go for a renowned school (if u can get in plus afford it)
Another heads-up for the big league schools is that u must have good GMAT scores and work experience in managerial positions spanning 3 yrs and above. One final note, "what ever u do make sure the business school has AMBA accreditation" this must be ur basic requirement.
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by violent(m): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2011
kayeyes:

what about lagos business school for MBA? is it good??

For future career prospects in Nigeria, I'd choose Lagos Buiness school over LSBF anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Laajman(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, it'd make a lot more sense to do your MBA at Lagos Business School.
At least, you'd network with your peers, and have a shot at a decent internship with a firm with Lagos.

I don't imagine you'd get a prestige job in the UK with a LSBF degree.
If you must study for ACCA in the UK, or do a course on MS Excel, LSBF would be a good choice.

The MBA is a degree you can only do once. Invariably, the school you attend, friends you make at school would
tell a lot on your professional life as time goes, I don't necessarily agree with folks who say that the top schools are hard
to get into. Honestly, if you check off all the boxes (decent GMAT score, good undergrad scores, solid work experience), you
have a good chance. The thing is not many blacks apply to these schools, so if they see a good "black application", they'd be
happy to give you a shot for "diversity" reasons. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by karthikp: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
LSBF is one of the worst schools I have come across. They are very business and money minded, lectures are dull and poor.

Staff in the school are abusive and rude. If you are thinking of studying there please dont!!
Re: Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba by Sagamite(m): 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
ubiaru:

Thanks all the same.

Sagamite:

When someone tells you that you would obtain an [size=18pt]MBA[/size] in ONE WEEK, something that takes up to 2 years in good schools, you don't smell rat? You cannot even get a Diploma in Business in one week.

Then the person now put sugar on top am that "this is a fast track senior management programme for the high performance managers,business executives, coy directors", you honestly need any more proof than common sense?

Which mooooronic high performance director would go and do a one week MBA, not even in Harvard, LBS etc (if it was feasible) but in LSBF? Is it the Senior Director of Vulcanizing in Broda mi Wasiu and co Mechanic Workshop or is it the Director of Re-wiring?

I warned murrafuckers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35472768

(1) (Reply)

Bank Workers Declare Your Assets - CBN Orders / What Did Your Company Give For Christmas Essenco. / Please Help! My Former Employer Demands I Refund A Month Salary...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.