Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Should I Go For Surgery Again??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Go For Surgery Again??? (894 Views)

Nengi Rachel Fubara Has Cancer. Needs N12m For Surgery. Laura Ikeji Reacts (Pics / Woman Who Carries Oxygen Tank For Survival Flies To India For Surgery. Photos / 'World's Heaviest Woman' Arrives At Indian Hospital For Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by darkhorizon: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hi guys,Good Afternoon. I had Strabismus(Crossed eye/after four eye). I took it up to correct it,so everywhere i went,i was reffered to one Dr. at UCH that he was the best opthamologist in Nigeria. So after checkup to know what type of squint i had,he said we would embark on a corrective sugery,and he said the correction could take more than one sugery. So after one sugery,it was corrected to a great extent,but my mum refused to give her consent for a further surgery,because i almost lost my life,owing to the overdose of anaestasia. Its 3 years now,and i still have a little(noticeable) Strabismus left. I still feel bad,when people question me on my eyes,i want to go for another corrective sugery,but i am afraid because the after sugery pain was unbearable(for like 6 weeks),and my mum is also scared. Doctors in the house,what do you suggest i do. Mods,please help me shift to the frontpage : seun lalasticlala .
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by afanide: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Eye is one delicate part of the body just like the tooth.

I have never seen one who did dental surgery and NOT complain after the whole thing.

You want to go mainly because people question the state of your Eyes which is wrong to some exrent.

I think you shouldn't go for another surgery because it is risky and your present condition is BETTER than it was.
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
You should talk to the surgeon about your fears. Talk to the anaesthetist as well. If they convince you that they won't Bleep up again, go for it.
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by darkhorizon: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Seun:
You should talk to the surgeon about your fears. Talk to the anaesthetist as well. If they convince you that they won't Bleep up again, go for it.
Thank you for your contribution.
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by darkhorizon: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
afanide:
Eye is one delicate part of the body just like the tooth.

I have never seen one who did dental surgery and NOT complain after the whole thing.

You want to go mainly because people question the state of your Eyes which is wrong to some exrent.

I think you shouldn't go for another surgery because it is risky and your present condition is BETTER than it was.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by Essence6055: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
I understand.. But do as seun says... remember to ask for more safety measures ....

and also go and do the surgery... surgeries somethings have serious consequences of being done halfway
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
don't try it....even if u wer to try it, it shldnt b bcus of wat pple r saying. even if u jst sit at a spot, u wld c pple sayin tins like 'shey dis guy no get work ni'.pple always talk. if u had said Mayb u feel pains or so I for understand y u wan do am bt for dis reason,I say capital No
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
I will advise you not to go again !! .. I have witness many cases, where people go blind after surgery.. the eyes is a very complex organ, which are made up of nerves .. a slight bruise can destroy the nerves which can lead to permanent blindness ... so before you go, ask your self if it worth it to go blind ....(literally m not saying every eyes surgery is always unsuccessful, but before you go make sure it worth it)
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by optm(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
u wldnt go blind. nd hez right informing u it may require more dn 1 surg as many a time , it is usually over or under corrected at first. speak wit d surgeon concerning ur fears nd mayb his assurances wld mk u bcom positive. hez professional u cn trust his decisions to a reasonable xtent.
Re: Should I Go For Surgery Again??? by darkhorizon: 10:30am On Aug 09, 2016
optm:
u wldnt go blind. nd hez right informing u it may require more dn 1 surg as many a time , it is usually over or under corrected at first. speak wit d surgeon concerning ur fears nd mayb his assurances wld mk u bcom positive. hez professional u cn trust his decisions to a reasonable xtent.
Thank you for your contribution.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Men Shake Their Thing After Urinating? / Complaint On Toilet Infection / I Sweat On My Palms Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.