Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,078 members, 7,953,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! (486 Views)

5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid / When You Are A Car Owner Living In A Compound Full Of Little Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! by musicboy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello everyone! So, this will be my first post and I just want to get contributions from the fantastic brains on here.
I am currently working on a project to create a solution to the major problems Nigerian car-owners face in terms of maintenance. I have written down a few along-sides some assumptions but to validate this, it is necessary I get feedback to be sure the path I am to solve problems for a car owner is right.

I assume some of you have cars and those that don’t, your contributions can be helpful.

The question is:
WHAT MAJOR PROBLEMS DO NIGERIAN CAR-OWNERS FACE IN TERMS OF MAINTENANCE?

Please share your stories, thoughts and Ideas.
Thank you, Thank you!
Re: Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! by saintikechi(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
my number one problem is bad road,
number two is high cost of petrol
number three is all these hungry police men doing stop and collect. Apart from that, i think my car is fine.
Re: Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! by nurey(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
The major problem is lack of knowledge and inability to acquire needed knowledge.

Now my information now has branches, when you talk about lack of knowledge what do I mean
1. Most people don't know engine oil rating from engine oil brand if a manufacturer says use 5w20 engine oil weight, buying chukuma and sons oil with weight 5w20 is better than buying castrol oil 20w50

2. Most users don't find information about their vehicles when to change fluids, engine oil, ATF, BRAKE FLUID, coolant etc.

3. They can't open their brake lights and head lamp to change common bulb.

4. Most don't bother about rated tire pressure

5. Most don't know where the wheel spanner and caution gadgets are located in their vehicle

6. Worst of all Nigerian motorists don't know how to first trouble shoot a problem and investigate to know what is really wrong with their vehicle

2 Likes

Re: Contributions Needed. Car-owner Wahala! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
Another problem is the lack of the proper gadgets/tools needed to keep cars/vehicles in good shape on our roads.
e.g "personal car scanner @N15 only" can be used to diagnose and profer solution to issues as regards our vehicles
thereby reducing victimisation and unnecessary issues on our roads... grin grin

For more enquiries, u can call or reach us on 08036892360 in order to reach our agents in Lagos, Abuja, PH or Owerri.

(1) (Reply)

Audi To Sell Cars That Talk To Traffic Lights / Breaking News; Fuel Tanker Explodes In Benin City, Many Confirmed Dead / Anyone With Clean Lexus Rx330 Should Contact Me Asap On 080828597029

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.